IT Manager, Cybersecurity
Join the CTE Team
As a family-owned company under our third generation of leadership, we have built our business based on the principles of trust, integrity and a desire to help our customers and employees succeed.
Since 1926, we’ve supported the strength of our communities by supplying equipment for critical infrastructure and commerce, and by funding programs that advance social and economic vitality. Being around for nearly 100 years means we change and pivot to capture opportunities and avoid challenges. We make smart investments in our company and continuously improve as part of our vision to be a trailblazing company that’s built to last.
We’re looking for hard-working, team-oriented professionals who enjoy working on new challenges every day. We believe our employees are the key to our success, and we’re committed to providing a work experience that helps our team grow to their full potential.
Join a leading solutions provider and be a part of a group of highly skilled technicians, sales and support team members who exist to serve as a trusted partner to our customers, communities and fellow employees.
CTE is seeking a Cybersecurity Manager to join the Infrastructure & Security team to drive security operations, engineering design, security policy & procedure, and implementation and management of security system projects. The ideal candidate should have advanced experience with Firewalls, IDS, Email Filtering, Endpoint Protection, Vulnerability Management, Group Policy, and possess excellent troubleshooting, communications, and project management skills. This role will partner with the other Infrastructure Managers to drive the company’s security strategy, security platform roadmap, and continuous improvement efforts within the areas of his/her responsibility.
The Cybersecurity Manager owns the technology stack for all security related platforms including firewalls, IDS/IPS, AV and Malware Protection, MDR, URL Filtering, and Disaster Recovery technologies. The ideal candidate will provide architectural collaboration with the other architects within the team to drive sound, secure, scalable, and sustainable infrastructure, and technical leadership in planning and carrying out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from cyber-attacks. This is both a technical role and people management role helping assess, plan, and deploy Cybersecurity protection platforms. This role will be part of the IT Infrastructure & Security Team, interacting with other IT team members as well as various internal customers and external vendors. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Manage the daily tasks of the Cybersecurity team
- Ensuring proper scheduling and coverage for incoming operations queues for the Cybersecurity team
- Act as an escalation point for all security requests
- Prioritize and schedule requests and project work for the team
- Identify, document, and train the team on appropriate software and hardware used by the Cybersecurity team
- Partner with other team members to properly architect solutions
- Install and configure security hardware and software, implement backup processes, and optimize systems to support the businesses applications and operations
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Conduct meetings with the team and other management to optimize communications within IT
- Manage the hardware and operating lifecycle of all security systems
- Development of security system maintenance and operational standards and procedures
- Manage security vendor relationships and strategy
- Responsible for design, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for Cybersecurity platforms
- Develop and maintain information security plans and policies
- Manage vulnerability management platform and procedures
- Assist with Incident Response Management
- Monitor and Investigate Security Breaches
- Perform Infrastructure Security system maintenances, upgrades, and migrations
- Lead annual cybersecurity evaluations and cyber training initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
This job has the responsibility of managing a small team (<6 people) of Engineers and Analysts to cover business operations 11 hours a day 5 days a week and ensure that after hours availability is managed on call.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualifying individuals to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- CCNA Security, CISSP, CISM, or other Security certification is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS preferred
- 5+ years Security Engineering experience required
- 8+ years Infrastructure Engineering (Network and/or Systems) experience required
- 3+ years Management experience required
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Patching, Enterprise PKI, DNS protection, Firewall Management, IDS/IPS, and Group Policy is required
- Direct experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls, and content filtering
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods
- Experience designing secure networks, systems, and application architectures
- Ability to proactively address the cybersecurity demand from the business/industry
- Knowledge of disaster recovery technologies and methods
- Strong troubleshooting ability
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift, carry, push, pull and /or otherwise move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, depending on site location, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment. The employee may occasionally be exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee may occasionally be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in some work environments is occasionally loud.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.