Under the supervision of Credit Manager, the credit analyst is responsible for researching and examining credit risks, assessing credit history and authorizing credit based on analysis of various reports. This position manages an account portfolio to ensure prompt receivable collections and minimizing bad debts.
The person in this position must be a team player and be able to prioritize multiple projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze credit risks based against company requirements in connection with granting credit approvals
- Manages and conducts collections for the assigned account portfolio
- Assist & coordinate equipment financing with 3rd party lenders
- Review & negotiate favorable finance options with customers and lenders
- Maintain credit history and customer data within the SAP business system
- Reviews and releases (as appropriate) sales orders placed on credit hold
- Negotiates terms and conditions for purchase orders or customer contracts
- Assist with litigation files such as liens, lawsuits and judgments
- Evaluates customer records and determines if account needs to be closed, credit limit reduced or extended, or collection attempted based on credit history
- Conducts accounts receivable meetings with management team
- Provide business users with training on billing requirements, system and credit related processes
- Conducts branch and customer visits as additional level of support
- Ensures compliance of policies and procedures
- Investigates complaints, verifies accuracy of charges, or corrects errors to account
- Handles incoming customer service calls from internal & external customers
- Works on special credit department projects and completes other tasks as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- At least 3+ years of credit and collections experience highly preferred
- Microsoft Office
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.