LiftOne - Corporate Used Operations Manager
The LiftOne Corporate Used Operations Manager is to be the “go to” person for all things related to used equipment, including, but not limited to: retail sales support, management of Used Equipment Coordinator(s), lease-end management, inventory management and wholesale coordination.
Retail Sales Support
- Sourcing equipment for orders submitted by LO sales personnel
- Establish discounts (off published pricing matrix) that support realistic sales closing, while holding appropriate margins
- Margin expectations will vary based on numerous factors such as volume, age of equipment, account potential (i.e. share of wallet or “SoW”), competitive nature of opportunity, etc.
- Work closely with service teams to ensure costs related to reconditioning are kept within “budget” for each specific opportunity; create cadence of accountability through quote and approval process
Management of Used Equipment Coordinators
- Provide daily direction regarding responsibilities and expectations
- Provide regular informal feedback/coaching to ensure alignment on above
- Conduct formal reviews/assessments (including merit recommendations) and participate in goal-setting
- Manage workload to ensure goals/objectives are achieved/exceeded
- Coordinate lease-end procedures in accordance with established protocol (via Used Equipment Coordinators)
- Ensure timely decisions are made regarding LO’s intent to purchase/pass, while adhering to LO’s participation goals (i.e. % of lease-end purchases)
- Coordinate with HYG to ensure any equipment that LO does not purchase is handled appropriately/timely
- Collaborate with LO sales personnel to uncover opportunities to creatively handle opportunities prior to lease-end (i.e. early lease buy-outs and flip to rentals)
- Ensure stocking levels are achieved/maintained for ready-to-ship equipment
- Monitor used equipment aging and actively engage LO sales personnel as aging approaches the (180) day threshold, offering pricing concessions when appropriate
- Collaborate with Rental Operations Managers to ensure strategic/profitable asset retirement decisions are being made
- Develop relationships with multiple wholesale partners – both traditional independents and fellow HYG dealers – in various markets/regions
- Handle customer trade-in requests that are brought in by LO sales personnel, “shopping” to multiple wholesale partners to achieve highest possible trade allowance
- Create “package deals” that allow LO to move undesirable/over-priced equipment by combining with desirable/profitable units
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree from a four year university preferred with 3+ years of asset management / direct industry experience.
- In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
- Strong understanding of Materials Handling Equipment, highly preferred
- Working knowledge of equipment dealer operations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to travel 10% through the region as needed
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.