LiftOne - Field Service Manager
Under the supervision of the Branch Service Manager the Field Service Manager, is responsible for directing and coordinating customer service activities in the field by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. This position has responsibility of all activities in the field service department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Determine number of Field Service Technicians and propose additional/reduction of the number of Technicians as required.
- Oversees assignment of Field Service repair jobs and PM’s.
- Keeps records of work hours and parts utilized, and work performed for each repair.
- Overviews requisitions for replacement parts and supplies.
- Manages PM base to achieve the company standards of completion.
- Optimizes Effective billing rate
- Reviews Field Service jobs to ensure service work is completed in accordance with established standard of profitability.
- Ensures Field Service Technicians submit paperwork promptly.
- Responsible for maintaining good customer relations.
- Requisition and maintain all necessary Field Service supplies, tools, jack, jack stands, etc. to Company Standard.
- Assist in evaluating Field Service Technicians and monitoring results through appraisals and scorecards.
- Participates in recruiting and selecting Field Service Technicians.
- Schedules Technical Training opportunities for Field Service Technicians.
- Provides Safety Training for Field Service Technicians.
This job has supervisory responsibilities of service administration and technicians.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Two or Four year degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the material handling or related industry
- Previous supervisor experience required.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- SAP experience highly preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must be able to meet company requirements for auto insurance coverage
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Technician of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions,percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.