Find Your Career With LiftOne
We’re a family-owned company under our third generation of leadership and have built our business based on the principles of trust, integrity and a desire to help our customers and employees succeed.
LiftOne invests in people, facilities and innovative technology as part of the essential role we play in supporting our country’s supply chain and enabling critical goods to be delivered to homes and businesses. We’re a privately held company, and pair our scale with a strong foundation in our culture and values. This combination gives us a competitive advantage in the market and helps make us a trailblazing organization that is built to last.
We’re looking for hard-working, team-oriented professionals who enjoy working on new challenges every day. We believe our employees are the key to our success, and we’re committed to providing a work experience that helps our team grow to their full potential. We offer great benefits, competitive salaries and opportunities for advancement to all our employees.
Be a part of the essential work we do at LiftOne and make a difference for our customers, our community and our company. Learn more about what it means to become a team member with LiftOne.
The Service Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating customer service activities of the branch by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. This position has responsibility of all activities in the shop and the field and must have a strong desire to lead and grow technicians.
LiftOne invests in our employees through on-going training and development to enhance skills and performance. Excellence in this challenging and rewarding position could create advancement into other leadership roles in the organization.
- Participate in and lead the site level lean management system including daily performance huddles, Gemba walks, root cause problem solving, and adherence to leader standard work
- Monitor safety, quality, delivery, and cost metrics to drive customer satisfaction and site profitability
- Attend technician team meetings and escalate roadblocks or hurdles to the branch manager or central support resources
- Visit with customers, support techs, and follow up on quality in the field
- Ensure adherence to all company safety policies along with company policies and best practices
- Supervise all customer service jobs to ensure service work meets the highest quality and profitability standards
- Approve timesheets and work orders and leverage our service platform to maintain accurate records of work performed and parts utilized
- Manage the preventative maintenance program to achieve the company standards of completion
- Recruit, select, and develop service employees including service supervisors and coordinators
- Set objectives for service employees and monitor results through appraisals and scorecards
- Conduct performance appraisals, training and development activities for subordinates (e.g. promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.)
- Determine technician staffing levels and lead technician career development and hiring
- Prepare schedules for service personnel and ensure paperwork is submitted promptly
Other duties as assigned.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualifying individuals to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred; in addition to two - four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven leadership experience with a strong track record of results
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Experience with material handling or other service-oriented industries preferred
- Experience with lean operating systems and continuous improvement preferred
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). Desire and ability to learn and utilize auxiliary systems such as Salesforce, SAP and ServiceMax.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift, carry, push, pull and /or otherwise move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, depending on site location, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment. The employee may occasionally be exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee may occasionally be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in some work environments is occasionally loud.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.