LiftOne - Equipment Shipping & Receiving Associate
The Equipment Shipping & Receiving Associate is responsible for specific daily activities including, but not limited to, the following: shipping/receiving/positioning/documenting/minor facility maintenance, the movement of material handling equipment (and related devices), accessories and other materials while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receives and logs all inbound and outbound motor freight shipments.
- Tags/Marks all inbound shipments with Customer Name and/or SAP Purchase Order Number, and notifies appropriate person or Department via email and phone regarding receipt of material(s).
- Loads and unloads (or supervises same) all inbound and outbound motor freight shipments.
- Examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper (documents correspondence) to rectify damages and shortages.
- Accompanies truck drivers to insure correct materials are shipped per the bill of lading.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications per bill of lading.
- Operates lift truck or uses pallet jack and hand trucks to unload and transport material from loading dock to storage or work area.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area – both inside and outside the building.
- Maintains well-organized and easily read filing/documentation of all inbound and outbound materials.
- Perform general housekeeping/maintenance duties as assigned. (Maintenance od shop equipment)
- Oil Water Separator
- Fork Levator
- Air Compressor
- Promote safety through own work habits.
- Contact local carriers for pick-up and delivery of materials based on shipment requirements. Uses approved list of vendors – contacts management if normal carriers/routine requires variation from normal procedures.
- Works to ensure departmental compliance with all safety and contamination control guidelines.
- If noticed, this individual needs to report to supervisor any conditions that do not meet OSHA standards.
- Must be able to operate all equipment required to complete job activities/assignments.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have High School Diploma, or GED
- Warehouse and shipping/receiving experience preferred
- Customer Service Attitude
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Have problem solving abilities
- Must read, write, communicate in English as it relates to this job and safety regulations
- Must meet the ergonomic and physical requirements, as well as the physical base scores for this position
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have keyboarding skills
- Must successfully complete Lift Truck, AWP/EWP, Trailer-Spotter, Railcar Mover, and other equipment operator training classes, including successfully completion the required Operator Evaluation for equipment sold or serviced by LiftOne LLC.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must maintain Operator qualifications for all Powered Industrial Trucks operated in completion of the job.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.