CTE - Information Technology & BI Intern - Summer 2020
We are looking for an eager Business Intelligence (BI) Intern that is ready to kick start their data analytics career! This internship is geared towards learning the many aspects of creating insights from organizational data. Interns will gain hands-on experience and gain exposure to industry professionals. This is a paid internship.
CTE has been a leading industrial equipment distributor since 1926. As a dealer of distinction, we represent CAT, Hyster & Yale, among others. We are a third-generation, family-owned business that spans 31 branches across five Southeastern states. Set the gears in motion and build your career with us today!
The BI intern will work in the Business Technology Department with a wide range of projects related to ETL script development, data warehousing, trends reporting, data visualization, and data analytics (both descriptive and prescriptive). This internship is designed to provide experience leveraging technical skills to deliver business insights that will be used to enable CTE to deliver superior sales and service to customers.
In this position, you will learn how to take skills you’ve acquired in school and apply them in a professional setting. You will gain a better understanding of the role that analytics plays in a sales and service organization, and be better prepared to contribute business intelligence services to various sales and operations stakeholders. Interns will also have opportunities to network with other parts of the business, (Service, Operations, IT, Finance, etc.).
Key Intern projects:
Projects and deliverables that will be expected during the internship are to include all aspects of the BI and data analytics pipeline, including:
- Develop ETL Jobs for BI data warehouse – Use Talend ETL tool (java based ETL tool) for extracting, cleaning and loading various disparate data sources (primarily production system databases, CSVs and other ad-hoc files) into Snowflake data warehouse.
- Setup automated workflows to provide stakeholders with daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Support internally-developed Power BI reports, including troubleshooting data issues, report syntax, and design.
- Develop scripts using analytic packages for sales optimization, customer segmentation, buying pattern prediction and other descriptive and/or prescriptive data analytic services to stakeholders.
- Candidates must demonstrate an interest and ability to enter the data and analytics field and be pursuing either an undergraduate or advanced degree in computer science, data analytics/science, mathematics, statistics and/or engineering with specific coursework in programming, data management and statistics.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL script development for inserting, updating and deleting data, experience with Snowflake or MS SQL Server is a plus
- Experience working with data visualization and BI tools, preferably Microsoft Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with at least 1 object-oriented programming language, preferably Python, Java, R, or equivalent
- Experience with version control systems such as Bitbucket, GitHub, etc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.