Carolina CAT - Product Support Specialist
The Product Support Specialist is responsible for parts and service growth via undercarriage (U/C) and machine inspections. This position will work closely with Product Support Sales Reps (PSSRs) and Inside Sales Reps (ISRs) regarding customer needs for inspections and U/C expertise. This position will also use and analyze business data and customer relationships as they relate to equipment population/utilization, market share, opportunity growth and product support. This person will be critical in our sales and product support growth strategy while strengthening our support for customers in this market.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Conduct inspections (U/C and machine (TA1)) as deemed necessary by PSSRs, ISRs and/or the Product Support Sales Mgr.
- Create and follow up on leads for PSSRs and ISRs from the inspections to ensure deals are closed.
- Become an expert on undercarriage product offerings to include Caterpillar and Prime Source offerings
- Serve as primary point-of-contact and liaison for product or service/repair needs with regards to specified products/services.
- Attend manufacturer sponsored product training and conduct any necessary internal or customer specific training.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Functional knowledge of key operating systems: SalesLink, ServiceLink, Parts and Service Quoter (PSQ), and Opportunity Lead Generation Analyzer (OLGA), BUILDER, VisionLink, and any other manufacturer specific systems as required
- Functional capability with Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Expert knowledge of CAT undercarriage products and dealer support offerings
- Expert knowledge of Prime Source undercarriage products and dealer offerings
- Expert knowledge of key machine systems and components in relation to potential repair requirements
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to develop and maintain healthy relationships with PSSRs, MSRs, Branch/Service managers and support employees
- Ability to develop and maintain interdepartmental relationships with all stakeholders
- Effectively communicate in various environments and settings through multiple channels
- Must have strong relationship management ability to communicate, influence and collaborate with others to deliver business activities successfully.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.