Carolina CAT - Inside Sales Representative - EPG
This position will work to achieve sales and profit goals by promoting and selling Caterpillar generator set offerings to assigned territory customer base; and various tasks assigned by the sales manager . They will also identify and establish new revenue opportunities within territory as well as growing an existing customer based accounts via marketing based strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage territory through SalesForce to identify market opportunities. Responsible for updating equipment and contact information. Create quotes using Caterpillar Systems.
- Maintain and grow customer relationships throughout assigned territory. Some after hours, weekend, work may be required
- Maintains communication between the customer, project management, and various product support departments to ensure service work being performed as quoted and scheduled.
- Develops and maintains a professional working relationship with Caterpillar and their field representatives.
- Initiates and completes reports and other associated paperwork detailing customer calls, sales activity, commission, etc.
- Develops and updates a customer list for mailings and maintains a customer quote log.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- College degree required, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree.
- Preferably Five years’ minimum industry experience and one to two years’ sales experience with Power Systems equipment.
- Excellent organizational, influence and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to approach the sales process creatively and in a professional and consultative manner.
- An excellent knowledge of the market and the product with the ability to discuss the technical aspects of Power Systems equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Including influence and negotiation skills.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to interpret policies, procedures and guidelines.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, data base systems (DBS) and a basic ability to operate industry specific PC programs.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.