LiftOne - Operations Management Trainee
Are you a recent college graduate looking to take your career to the next level? Do you have an interest in the operations field where you can make sizeable impacts for a business? The Operations Management Trainee position with LiftOne is a great place to kick start your career with a defined career path and growth opportunities throughout the business! We are in need of a dynamic team player who can multi-task with the best of them, handle multiple priorities with a sense of urgency, be a technology and software whiz, liaison between technicians and customers in our branch and have an upbeat, positive attitude.
Performing a variety of roles, the Operations Management Trainee is a key member of the branch service team. This person will be responsible for leveraging our service team to ensure our customer commitments are fulfilled. This position requires individuals with the ability to learn and communicate highly technical information, prioritize changing responsibilities and demands from our customers, help lead branch projects and assist with training others in the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (additional duties may be added)
- Create, monitor, and manage the service technician work calendars and assignments, ensuring efficiency and full utilization. This will include dispatching technicians to customer locations. Ensure that the service technicians being dispatched have the training and certifications necessary to perform the work assigned.
- Oversees PM planning, WIP, and dispatch of assigned technicians as well as for the other service support team members in regards to the branch PM Completion Program and Work in Process (WIP) target. Monitor real time work in process and maintain its age to branch goal.
- Day to day leader of the service support team. Ensures team is delivering on operational targets and commitments, and takes appropriate action to correct any issues as needed. Keep service manager informed of completion status.
- Own the service process from creation of work order all the way through creation of an invoice working with a team of assigned technicians. Review service dashboard reports and assist service management as a solutions provider to improve key customer and business performance metrics.
- Acts as a lead for the service support department. Leads the day to day operations of this group, answers questions, problem-solving, establishes regularly scheduled communications with department members, and leads weekly team meetings with management.
- Liaison between customers, technicians, parts department and Management teams to ensure the service calls are being performed in a timely manner and paperwork is being filled out promptly for billing. Proactively contact customers to keep them informed on the service to their equipment.
- Overcome objections and handle tough conversations both internally and externally, have a customer first attitude and work in a team environment to solve issues as they occur.
- Assist with onboarding plans for Technicians and new Service staff and see through their training on ServiceMax system and departmental processes.
- Work on special projects as assigned by management to help advance our Service Department and make our processes more efficient, run reports, sit on committees and act as a branch champion for upcoming rollouts of new policies.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in industrial distribution, technology, or a related field.
- High ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities with a sense of urgency.
- Previous experience within an Operations environment preferred, to include time management and dispatching of field service personnel.
- Ability to maximize use of CRM and field service management system, preferably with SalesForce and/or ServiceMax
- Strong customer service and follow up skills.
- Strong communication skills to include internal and external communications, conflict resolution, and the ability to discuss technical situations with customers and technicians required.
- Experience delivering on responsibilities and commitments while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong proficiency with Windows based programs.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.