SAP Functional Analyst (SD & SM)
The Functional Analyst defines and leads all the deliverables in SAP SD (Sales & Distribution) & SM (Service Management) areas. He/she supports new and existing business requirements, conducting assessments and providing sustainable technical solutions. This role supports all the typical activities in projects or day to day support such as gathering the business requirements, analyzing business processes, functional specification, configuration, prototyping, testing, training and maintenance. A successful candidate must be able to analyze and document business flow from end to end.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be an authority in SAP SD, SM area of specialization and analyze customer requirements and tailor the use of the system to meet those objectives.
- Develop project plans and timelines to successfully deploy solutions and assist with data conversion.
- Work with senior business stakeholders to secure strong engagement for the solution and ensure that the delivery of the project aligns to longer-term strategic roadmaps
- Work closely with external suppliers to ensure solution makes best use of technology and meets requirements
- Simplify the existing system and business processes, delivering reusable services and cost-saving opportunities in line with the policies and standards of the group
- Full support of the users within all the sites of CTE. Identify and understand end-users’ technical SAP requirements, provide necessary training and documentation, work to build and maintain strong end-user relationships and provide on-going support.
- Responsible for the implementation, management and optimization of new and existing processes within SAP module SD/SM/CS as needed to support customer requirements.
- Motivated to formulate process improvements resulting from support issues, with the aim of minimizing recurring support.
- Provide strategic guidance to CTE in defining or designing processes to meet customer requirements; document existing customer business processes, identify inefficiencies and recommend system improvements.
- Monitor and report on the status of multiple concurrent project efforts; proactively review and interpret performance against operating standards; provide information and reports results.
- Lead the evaluation, customization, implementation and support of all SAP SD/SM customer requirements.
- Serves as the primary on-call support person for troubleshooting and correcting system issues in SAP SD/SM area.
- Ensure that all solutions are complete, operable, conform to business processes, and meet the business needs with the agreed quality of service
This job has no direct employee management responsibilities. Though the role will need to be highly collaborative and champion best practices with all the delivery roles on the team that are at different levels of experience with the platforms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Min 5 years of experience in SAP SD (Sales and Distribution) and SM (Service Management) in creating requirement specifications based on Architecture/Design /Detailing of Processes and in Development/ Configuration/solutions evaluation/ Validation and deployment.
- Strong SAP SD knowledge and thorough with SAP SD Customizations, Master Data, Pricing, Order to Cash Process including master data (Materials, Customers, pricing), Inquiry, quotations, order management, Credit management, Contract Processing, Agreement Processing, delivery processing, picking and packing, Billing, Credit and Rebill, SAP best practice Scenarios, Intercompany transfers etc.
- Solid experience in configuration such as setting up New Order types, New item categories, new Pricing procedures, Copy control, Pricing conditions at multilevel, Output determinations etc.
- Strong SAP SM/CS experience configuring and delivering SAP solutions with Service Contracts. Warranties, Notifications, Repair Orders, Service Orders, Pricing, Resource related billing, Settlement and DIP profiles, Preventive maintenance module.
- Solid in setting up technical master data such as Equipment’s, Functional Locations, Serial number management, Tasks Lists, SAP installed base and business processes such as service order processing, Billing Internal Maintenance External Maintenance, Returns and Repairs Processing Task/ causes/ defects management DIP profile management Controlling (costing) integration in Service Management.
- Hands-on Experience in Order to Cash (OTC) and Service Management (Customer Service Module) processes on SAP S/4 HANA, Fiori Apps is a Big Plus
- Strong SAP ALE/EDI (IDOC expertise), Web services, output determination and Interfaces.
- Strong knowledge of outbound/inbound ABAP interfaces using IDOCs, BAPIs, RFCs to/from Middleware (such as SAP PI/PO) and flat files.
- Expertise in SAP database tables, ABAP debugging, User Exits/Enhancement Points, LSMW, SAP Query, OSS notes etc.
- Exposed to B2B and B2C business processes.
- Exposed to Integration points with other SAP modules such as SAP-MM & SAP-FICO for a better understanding of business scenarios.
- Proficient in documenting AS-IS and TO-BE processes, Fit Gap analysis, Supported rollout and implementation of new business applications and functionalities within the scope.
- Responsible for the investigation and resolution of problems on a day-to-day basis. Document potential/recurring issues conduct root cause analysis to eliminate redundancies.
- Exposure to handling day-to-day support issues, queue monitoring and assignment of tickets etc. Should have worked on Multiple Systems in SAP Landscape
- Solid Analytical, Communication, Planning and Co-ordination skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), etc.
- S/4 HANA Experience: Hands-on Experience in Order to Cash (OTC) and Service Management (Customer Service Module) processes on SAP S/4 HANA, Fiori Apps is a Big Plus
- Experience with Vertex (Tax software) integrations is a plus
- Experience with Opentext and integrations with SAP is a plus
- Experience with Heavy Equipment industry: “Industrial Machinery and Components” is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills exemplified in teamwork, understanding of business and customer requirements and good communication.
- Willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Able to understand Customer priorities and work toward accomplishing those priorities.
- Ability to perform in high-pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems.
- Manage time and attention based on assigned job roles and objectives.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.