The Credit Manager is responsible for all job functions in the Credit and Accounts Receivable Department. This includes management of all Credit department and Accounts Receivable personnel, collection and receivables activities, audits, and coordination of accounts for legal action.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and ensure compliance of credit policies and procedures
- Manage the collection activity for the company and exhaust collection remedies with tact and professionalism
- Drive a process improvement mindset throughout the department in a positively engaged manner
- Manage the bad debt process including accounts in litigation
- Exhibit a heightened awareness for fraud and demonstrate an appropriate internal control mindset
- Oversee investigation and approval process for opening accounts and sales orders
- Demonstrate sound analytical capabilities and effective communication skills to facilitate constructive action-planning for account resolution
- Prepare monthly reports and aging schedules
- Conduct monthly AR meetings with operations and credit team and effectively communicate cross-functionally
- Transmit complete and accurate files as the basis for litigation
- Own the talent acquisition process for the department
- Motivate personnel to optimize performance and professional growth
- Provide appropriate feedback to staff through recurring discussions and performance reviews
- Maintain strong communication with employees and establish a team environment
- Assist with negotiating customer contracts consistent with our standard terms and conditions and acceptable to CTE
- Manage financial audit and other reporting requests
- Special credit department projects and assignments as needed
- Credit Analysts
- Collection Specialists
- EDI Portal Coordinators
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisory credit or collections role
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of accounting principles.
- Must exhibit a sense of urgency, customer service skills and possess good communication skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook and Word.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.