Carolina CAT - Sales Development Representative
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for generating and qualifying new leads through research, analysis and direct customer contact for Caterpillar compact construction equipment. Develop valuable relationships with clients to increase sales, by capitalizing on all opportunities and maximizing coverage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work directly with sales and marketing to grow existing customer accounts, facilitate lead generation, establish sales relationships with prospects, and qualify leads generated through phone, email and other indirect channels
- Develop relationships with retail customers who typically work in specialty trades, residential construction and landscaping through a disciplined telephone campaign.
- Maintains and expands database of prospects within assigned territory. Routes qualified opportunities to the appropriate territory managers for further development and closure.
- Create prospect accounts for qualified leads into dealer’s CRM tool, Sales Link
- Accountable for quick and timely responses to customer inquiries/responses to either traditional or digital marketing communications such as direct mail, company website, online chat, social media channels, e-mail inquiries etc.
- Responsible for keeping customer information accurate and up to date on accounts while actively capturing and updating missing customer information such as emails, phone numbers, influencers etc.
- Have a deep understanding of the CRM, pull customer lists, transfer customer information, lead funnel, and PAR completion
- Leverage data insights to anticipate customer needs and share dealer solutions, products and services to address these via telephone and email
- Ensure that the retail store environment is arranged and maintained in a manner that ensures productivity, safety and convenience for personnel and customers
- Create or install seasonal or other promotional displays to improve customer awareness of special orders and new products/ service
- Listen to customers' needs and feedback and be a voice for the customer within the organization.
- Promote dealer services including - but not limited to – construction equipment, rental, and parts and service.
Position Requirements / Experience:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years previous experience in an inside sales / support role
- Proven record of lead qualification, pre-call planning and account development
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities; pays attention to details and is responsive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Team player who is willing to work outside of designated job duties as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and experience working with CRM.
- Unquestionable ethics and honesty
- Results Orientated
- Passion for customer satisfaction
- Strong organizational skills
- Competitive and collaborative
- Strategic mindset
- Strong Business development skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.