Join the CTE Team
As a family-owned company under our third generation of leadership, we have built our business based on the principles of trust, integrity and a desire to help our customers and employees succeed.
Since 1926, we’ve supported the strength of our communities by supplying equipment for critical infrastructure and commerce, and by funding programs that advance social and economic vitality. Being around for nearly 100 years means we change and pivot to capture opportunities and avoid challenges. We make smart investments in our company and continuously improve as part of our vision to be a trailblazing company that’s built to last.
We’re looking for hard-working, team-oriented professionals who enjoy working on new challenges every day. We believe our employees are the key to our success, and we’re committed to providing a work experience that helps our team grow to their full potential.
Join a leading solutions provider and be a part of a group of highly skilled technicians, sales and support team members who exist to serve as a trusted partner to our customers, communities and fellow employees.
The Director of the Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO) reports directly to the Chief Information & Technology Officer. This position is highly critical to the success of the organization requiring influencing skills and a strong business mindset to get lasting outcomes. This position requires creativity, problem-solving and strong communication skills to both technical and business audiences, and a proven track record for implementing project management best practices, continuous improvement and change management frameworks.
- Lead the annual project planning process (GM reviews, prioritization, SLT visibility).
- Manage & allocate resources effectively across projects to ensure aligned priorities based on budget/resource loads.
- Select and manage project management (PM) staff augmentation vendor(s).
- Align PM constraints (scope/time/cost/quality) in the order needed based on expected business outcomes and sponsorship needs.
- Share PM best practices to improve always (better/faster/simpler/clearer).
- Build enterprise program budgets, track actuals and update forecasts.
- Manage deployment, adoption, and improvements in PM tools and applications.
- Coach and mentor project managers to build a key talent pipeline into the organization.
- Conduct annual project management workshops to help people-managers across the company operationalize core principles of project management in their functions.
- Be prepared to always answer the “why” question to all levels of the organization.
- Partner with senior leadership team members to align projects with strategic imperatives.
- Develop a communication and change management cadence that will promotes project management lessons learned and best practices for sustained success.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has supervisory responsibilities for a growing team of Portfolio Managers, Technology Project Managers and Business Project Mangers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualifying individuals to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field with a high desire for a Master’s or MBA.
- 15 years of experience in leading business and/or technology PMO teams with a demonstrated success in building a continuous improvement culture and driving business impact.
- Required: Change Management methodology and experience that demonstrate successful project outcomes that are sustainable and measurable.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate others.
- Superior communication and genuine leadership coupled with the ability and interest to operate strategically and conduct deep dives where needed.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, bias for action, a passion for excellence and an ability to influence all levels of the organization.
- Preferred: PMP and PROSCI (or other Change Management) certifications.
- Preferred: Knowledge of Agile, LEAN, DMAIC; Standard Work; Kanban / Pull Systems; TPM; Kaizen; Problem Solving; 5S; Value Stream Mapping; Continuous Flow / Cell Design; Daily Huddles.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift, carry, push, pull and /or otherwise move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, depending on site location, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment. The employee may occasionally be exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee may occasionally be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in some work environments is occasionally loud.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.