Carolina CAT - Rental Technician
The primary function of this position is to safely load and unload trucks; inspect equipment for damages and safety issues prior to equipment leaving, and immediately upon return; prepare equipment for upcoming rentals which include washing equipment, inspecting and preparing all accessories for proper storage or shipping; performing basic preventative maintenance on the power systems rental equipment as needed. Keep the designated rental yard and shop organized and clean at all times. This position will include setting-up, testing, tearing-down, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment as needed. This position may also require an occasional service call or project set ups at various customer sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prep equipment for upcoming rentals, which includes washing equipment, gathering and prepping accessories that will be rented with the equipment
- Verify and communicate with the rental coordinator the fuel consumed, any damages and inspect all ‘details’ of equipment as it is returned
- Load and unload trucks as equipment comes in or goes out
- Making sure the equipment has the proper decals & safety equipment and safety markings in place
- Work well together with other technicians throughout the company
- Safely drive and maintain a company service truck
- Be willing and able to respond to service calls, if required, after-hours and on weekends
- Clearly and concisely document all work and repairs completed in a timely manner
- Continuously learn and gain knowledge about the various equipment
- Troubleshoot operational failures of equipment in the rental fleet
- Perform minor and major repairs of equipment in the rental fleet when required
- Professionally greet and assist customers who pick up and/or return equipment to our facility
- Installs rental status tags on all equipment upon return
- Properly stages equipment on yard or in warehouse as the status changes
- Safely operate a forklift up to 36,000 lbs
- Maintain a safe working environment
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Prior experience in compression and generators is a plus, but not required
- The candidate must have a clean driving record and a current driver’s license.
- Basic computer skills and good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to comprehend, speak and write the English language.
Location: Charlotte, NC
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.