Carolina CAT - Shop Rental Technician
The primary function of this position is to troubleshoot, remove, install, replace, re-build, repair, & test parts/equipment on construction equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct inspections, preventative maintenance, change oil, replace filters, belts, coolants, hoses, and may drain/clean/refill fuel systems
- Fully inspect and check every machine coming on and coming off of rent in accordance to rental store procedures, documenting and filing all necessary paperwork
- Uses tools to disassemble/re assemble parts or equipment; cleans parts with rags, cleaners, power washer; uses test equipment to make diagnostic checks; and controls powered equipment or tools to make repairs
- Climbs up onto, under, & into vehicles to gain access to all parts of vehicle
- Uses overhead hoists, lift devices, forklifts & other aides to move items off vehicle (tracks, idler wheels, blades, etc.) & then to move parts to locations for disassembly, repair, then back to the vehicle for reassembly
- Work closely with the Rental Coordinators to provide fast, efficient service to our customers
- Remove and install any attachments and check for operation that the customer requests
- Uses power washers & spray paint equipment to clean & paint vehicle
- Use instruments and computers to reprogram equipment controllers. The employee uses miscellaneous resources and computers to reference parts, get information about parts & enter data into record systems
- Ability to develop own work schedule and adjust when needed to accommodate job needs.
- GED or equivalent and 1 to 3 years of related experience or combination of training and experience with Caterpillar, John Deere, Komatsu, Volvo, etc.
- Ability to comprehend safety, service, and parts manuals.
- Able to climb in, on, and around equipment, be flexible for awkward reaches and positions.
- Must be able to bring / own tools.
Location: Asheville, NC
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.