LiftOne - Operation Analytics Intern, Summer 2021
We are looking for an eager Intern that is ready to kick start their operational analytics / industrial engineering-based career! This internship is geared towards applying continuous improvement methodologies and leveraging analytics to drive optimization across various facets of operations. Interns will gain hands on experience and gain exposure to industry professionals. This is a paid internship.
CTE is an industrial equipment distributor that has been around since 1926. As a dealer of distinction, we represent CAT, Hyster & Yale, among others. We are third-generation, family-owned business that spans 31 branches across five Southeastern states. Set the gears in motion and build your career with us today!
The Operations Analytics Intern will directly assist the operational support team with a wide range of projects related to reduction of operational cost and optimizing margin supporting LiftOne’s 18 branches. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical.
In this position, you will learn how to take skills you have acquired in school that are related to your areas of interest and apply them in a professional setting. You will gain a better understanding of the role your competencies play and be better prepared to work in the arena of operations and analytics. Interns will also have opportunities to network with other parts of the business, (Sales, Finance, IT, HR etc.).
Key Intern projects:
Business projects will be focused on operation cost reduction and margin optimization, and may include projects such as the following:
- Perform historical pricing analysis and leverage for pricing model
- Assess operations and identify efficiency and improvement opportunities.
- Analyze high operational cost cases and make recommendations for metrics and tools for management
- Evaluate process and technology solutions for work order management.
- Candidates must demonstrate an interest and ability to enter the Industrial Equipment field and be pursuing either an undergraduate or advanced degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics, Industrial or Systems Engineering, Business, or Engineering Management
- In addition to above-average academic performance demonstrated by an overall GPA of 3.2 or higher for undergraduate and a 3.5 GPA for graduate degrees, candidates will be evaluated for:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of data analytics tools
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.