LiftOne - Service Technician
Under the direct supervision of the Shop or Service Manager the Technician is responsible for performing periodic maintenance, repair, replacement and limited troubleshooting on various models of Hyster and competitive material handling equipment. Must be proficient in completing all required paperwork needed to perform all job requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Able to read and understand electrical and hydraulic system schematics
- Able to repair, or replace major system components, including circuit boards and other electrical parts, hydraulic, mechanical, L.P. systems, power steering and transmissions, engines with limited supervision.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose most truck components
- Perform engine tune-ups on most makes of equipment without supervision
- Perform proper PM’s in a timely manner
- Be able to troubleshoot and diagnose most complex electrical systems on IC and electric trucks
- Be able to use all special tools properly. Maintain and properly use the normal tools of the trade.
- Operate service van in a clean, safe and secure manner following all required safety rules for the job
- Assist with training/mentoring apprentice mechanics through on-the-job training.
- Follows all safety procedures in performing work as well as company policies
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills
- Properly identify and order all necessary replacement parts
- Driving is an essential function of this position and a valid current driver’s license must be maintained at all times.
- See Education Section for specific courses/skills required.
- Perform other duties as required per management
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or tech school graduate preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to repair equipment per skill level. For new hires a minimum of two years of experience in repair and maintenance on material handling equipment
Basic Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.