Carolina CAT - Technician Team Leader, Truck
This position is responsible for overseeing and delegating work in the main shop. Ensures repairs are performed to the customer’s satisfaction. Removes, installs, diagnoses, repairs, disassembles, assembles and performs failure analyses of equipment and attachments including engines, hydraulics, and transmissions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure safe behaviors are standard in repair operations and address hazards or potential hazards as needed.
- Promptly, at start of shift, review work schedule, assign jobs to appropriate technicians, assign a bay or repair location and confirm supplies required to perform the work scheduled are available
- Ensure accurate troubleshooting and diagnostics are performed by determining the technical and/or physical status of equipment and review service documents and product improvement and support programs.
- Serve as diagnostic lead for hard-to-diagnose repairs and serve as the primary point of contact when TC intervention is needed (Dealer DSN)
- Gatekeeper to ensure quality control is achieved by inspecting and testing post-repair equipment and performing a quality check after work is complete
- Communicate changes in job scope/quote to Service Supervisors/Coordinators
- Participate in Performance Management of Technicians as well as mentor/train technicians as assigned and as needed to ensure fluid teamwork and flow of work
- On-floor leader of 6S effort by working to ensure departmental compliance with all safety and contamination control guidelines and performs general housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Completes repairs by: Installing, replacing, re-building or repairing the parts and/or equipment in a timely manner and according to specifications.
- Maintains productivity at pre-determined levels.
This position has limited supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years direct CAT Service experience or 10 years industry experience in heavy equipment
- Acceptable level of safety, rework, productivity in prior roles *Internal Applicants*
- Expert troubleshooting skills (Electrical, Hydraulic) and expert use and application of all Caterpillar diagnostic tools, electrical and electronic system applications.
- Ability to train and mentor less experienced Technicians and lead a team
- Reflect a positive and engaged attitude in the workplace
- Comprehensive knowledge of the application, operation, and function of Caterpillar equipment and engines.
- Exceptional problem-solving techniques and knowledge of repair options for Caterpillar machines, engines, and components.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other comparable systems required.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.