BlueSkye – Director of Sales and Marketing
BlueSkye Automation, based in Alpharetta, GA has an immediate need for a Director of Sales and Marketing to support BlueSkye’s growth. In this role, you will lead a growing team of Sales Engineers as well as our Inside Sales team members to meet monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales goals through various performance indicators. The Sales Director will work closely with Senior Leadership to develop a vision and best practices for department procedures and operations and effective training and development of BlueSky employees.
The Director of Sales and Marketing will be responsible to drive the overall sales, business development and marketing activities including market intelligence, customer data & analytics and demand generation activities in close coordination with the BlueSkye senior leadership team.
- Build a solid operating cadence and team/individual focus around the pipeline, forecasting, deal review, sales execution, deployment, and revenue realization
- Set and execute customer acquisition strategy to support annual growth targets in revenue and bookings
- Align the overall BlueSkye solution offerings to the customer’s needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Create a healthy pipeline of revenue and new logos for target accounts
- Help the leadership design, develop and execute the growth strategy including the elements of 3- Year forward-looking strategic planning processes (e.g go-to-market plans, customer analysis, etc.)
- Own and drive the competitive positioning, including insights about customer priorities and future ambitions; evaluate implications and make recommendations to the sales teams
- Develop and maintain effective customer reference database and help with preparing and presenting customer presentations and ensuring the provision of up to date product and market information.
- Manage relationship with industry-specific associations and be the think-tank to develop external messaging/ value-proposition
- 10+ years of experience in leading and driving business development/market development / regional based growth development with an ability to collaborate and drive data-driven results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in sales and/or business development in a B2B service-oriented industry
- Experience in the fields of warehousing, distribution, logistics or manufacturing is highly desirable
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration/management, engineering, sales or numerical field
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a strong eye for detail
- Strong team skills and the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written and numerical skills with strong capability in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce CRM is a plus
- Must have excellent communication and storytelling skills
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking
- Up to 30% domestic travel
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.