Carolina Cat - Construction Intern - Summer 2020
Location: Charlotte Campus
We are looking for an eager Intern that is ready to kick start their career! This internship is geared towards learning the many aspects of heavy equipment technology industry. Interns will gain hands on experience and gain exposure to industry professionals. This is a paid internship.
CTE is an industrial equipment distributor that has been around since 1926. As a dealer of distinction, we represent CAT, Hyster & Yale, among others. We are third-generation, family-owned business that spans 31 branches across five Southeastern states. Set the gears in motion and build your career with us today!
The Digital Construction Intern will directly assist our Director of Digital Construction with a wide range of projects related to technology processes and standardization. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical.
In this position, you will learn how to take skills you’ve acquired in school that are related to your areas of interest and apply them in a professional setting. You will gain a better understanding of the role your competencies play, and be better prepared to work in the arena of digital technologies and platforms. Interns will also have opportunities to network with other parts of the business, (Sales, Operations, IT, HR etc.).
Key Intern projects:
Observe and document the entire process for the 3G to 4G Productlink update project and build a Playbook for new employees to utilize. This will inlcude processes and exposure related to the following areas of the business:
- Service coordination (office)
- Customer calls
- Open/Close WOs
- Parts ordering
- Claiming process
- Technology service - Technician (Field)
- Parts ordering
- PL Install procedure
- Candidates must demonstrate an interest and ability to enter the Industrial Equipment field and be pursuing either an undergraduate or advanced degree.
- In addition to above-average academic performance demonstrated by an overall GPA of 3.2 or higher for undergraduate and a 3.5 GPA for graduate degrees, candidates will be evaluated for:
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.