Salesforce Solutions Architect
The Salesforce Solution Architect is a member of the Business Technology team, reporting directly to the Director of Strategic Platforms. This position requires creativity, problem-solving and strong communication skills to both technical and business audiences. You will have the key role in translating the ‘voice of the customer’ into high impact designs leveraging industry leading software platforms such as Salesforce and ServiceMax. You will recommend the best solution that balances technology, process, and data needs and will help customers make the right tradeoffs between cost, quality, and delivery.
A deep understanding of object and data model structures, integration points, data flows, formulas, and Salesforce process automation alternatives is required.
Given that the role will interact heavily with members of the Business Technology team as well as members of various business units, candidates must bring a “customer service” oriented approach to their work, seeing their primary function as an enabler to business solutions. As such, the following traits will be valued when evaluating candidates:
- Customer Driver: Uncompromised focus on helping our internal customer achieve success.
- Positive Engaged Employee: Recognizing that our employees work and succeed together.
- Accountability: Honoring commitments, taking action, and following through to closure.
- Adaptability: Continuously seeking to improve the business and one’s self.
- Detail Oriented: Getting the details right in all work products and communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Investigate Salesforce and ServiceMax roadmaps for “fit” with business objectives. Communicate opportunities and risks routinely.
- Provide expert advice on the Salesforce platform.
- Develop, test, and deploy customized solutions within the Salesforce platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives.
- Gain intimate knowledge of the business and the organization’s culture to design and build solutions that are aligned with key objectives and future goals of the organization.
- Keep up to date with Salesforce releases and certifications.
- Serve as the functional leader for Salesforce projects and provide mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Provide level of effort estimates for proposed solutions and clearly communicate the benefits and risks associated with each solution.
- Provide thought leadership on improving operations through the use of new or underutilized Salesforce features.
- Work with internal and external partners to develop system integrations.
Education and/or Experience
- Five or more years as a developer or solution architect on the Force.com platform as a member of an Agile development team
- Salesforce Administrator and/or Advanced Administrator Certification
- Ability to read and interpret Apex code and communicate proficiently with developers regarding code structure and techniques
- Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification
- One or more of the Salesforce Consultant Certifications
- ServiceMax experience with one or more ServiceMax Certification
- Individuals applying for this position should have a minimum bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Software Development.
- Preferred: Information Technology or Computer Engineering.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation).
- Able to communicate understanding and empathy when dealing with internal customers.
- You excel at consulting because you are perpetually curious with a desire to know and understand deeply how solutions (people, process, and technology) will impact the customers daily life.
- Growth mindset with the desire to work in a collaborative environment to promote and drive team performance.
- Possess strong analytical, design, and problem-solving skills.
- High level of motivation, self-starter, excellent at follow-up, team-player with ability to deliver within defined timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic and high growth technology environment.
- Accountable: Does what they say. Honors commitments. Takes action. Follows through.
- Detail Oriented: Gets the details right in all work products and communications.
- Positive & Engaged: Brings a positive attitude to work. Understands that employees succeed together.
- Principled: Does the right thing. Remains honest and provides constructive feedback.
- Adaptable: Improve always. Seeks to continuously improve the business, the team, and themselves.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to complete the application without an accommodation, please call 704-731-7701 for assistance.