Cardiovascular Field Training Manager (CFTM)
The primary function of the Cardiovascular Field Training Manger (CFTMM) is responsible for the implementation of the training and education plan aligned with the overall G10 Summit for Sales Performance. This role will provide the clinical expertise needed to develop a high level of clinical acumen across the CSI sales organization. The CFTM will be responsible for certifying CSI DSMs and Clinical Specialists on OAS procedures as well as associated ISD products for both Coronary and Peripheral franchises. The CFTM will be accountable to certify our Field Sales organization in their ability to clinically support physicians in their CSI cases.
This role will interact with multiple physician specialties to include; Interventional Cardiologists, Interventional Radiologists, and Vascular Surgeons. This role will collaborate with Sales Training Curriculum Manager, Field Sales Training Managers (FSTM), Field Sales Trainers (FST), Marketing and Medical Affairs to accomplish the clinical acumen development objectives of the organization. This role will report into the Sr. Manager, Sales Training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with Sales Training Team, this role will participate in the facilitation of core Selling Excellence content focused on the CSI Value Proposition, Product Verticals, Clinical data through the Data Backed Way, Clinical Consultation, and Consultative Selling models to ensure new hires move from Forming to Performing stages over the expected development timeframe.
- Execute field based training activities focused on the development of clinical acumen including, but not limited to:
- New hire field rides
- Post course proctor course management and facilitation
- Solo Coronary Certification process
- Tenure Rep field ride and coaching
- Virtual Case Reviews and other Regional/Area level clinical training programs
- Support in-house foundational/advanced level workshop programs.
- Develop and execute advanced level continuing education programs to drive clinical excellence across CSI.
- Provide timely and open coaching and performance feedback, ensure a continuous process of one-on-one skill development, and swiftly address performance concerns and ensure performance management is effectively managed. Collaborate with FSTs, RSMs and ASDs to determine appropriate training and development opportunities for individual sales reps/clinical specialists falling outside of development expectations.
- Develop clinical competency tools and resources to assess, coach, and develop field sales representatives.
- Provide additional case proctoring until rep is 100% capable and confident to manage cases.
- Manage and obtain all training and certification records for field based activities.
Required skills for Successful Job Performance:
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- 5+ years of experience in interventional cardiology sales and/or clinical role.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or business or RCIS.
- Experience in both Coronary and Peripheral therapies.
- This role works remotely and requires the ability to travel 75% of the time
- Documented success in training interventional cardiologists on products and procedures.
- Experience training sales reps in formal training programs, either in the field or in-house.
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- High energy and results-oriented individual with business experience and the ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Entrepreneurial “hands-on” experience. Pro-active and “can do” attitude
- Experience training sales reps in formal training programs, either in the field or in-house
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills with all levels of customers and management
- Complete mastery of both coronary and peripheral anatomy, physiology and interventional procedures
- Complete understanding of interventional diagnostic and therapeutic products including: guides, guide selection criteria, and products commonly used to treat complex coronary PCIs and peripheral interventions
- Comfortable leading case study reviews and role-plays to drive home a consultative clinical support model of case support.
- Comfortable presenting clinical data to a variety of audiences (sales, physicians, non-clinical personnel) in a compelling and credible fashion
- This role requires the ability to work independently with limited supervision while adhering to the overall CSI Core Values and business objectives objectives
- Demonstrate the skills required to promote a premium product
Specifications and Preferred skills
- Direct Cath Lab experience or clinical/nursing/physician background
- Prefer candidate who has experience training on complex specialty products that require certification
- This role will report on day to day business and clinical needs at the core team level as well as anticipate issues that could prohibit the ability to provide coverage for procedures or meet overall objectives.
CSI is an EEO/AA company: Women, Minorities, the Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or reasonable accommodation to apply for an open position, please contact the Recruiting Department at Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., 1225 Old Hwy 8, New Brighton MN 55112, or call (651) 259-1600.