Sr. Product Manager, Peripheral Support Devices
The Senior Product Manager will have broad responsibility for commercial strategies and tactics related to the CSI’s new peripheral interventional support devices portfolio including guidewire, PTA balloons, and specialty balloons. This position is key member of CSI’s Peripheral Marketing Team and reports directly to the Director of Peripheral Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Product Manager provides marketing leadership for a growing peripheral support devices portfolio, defining and executing a commercial vision to expand CSI’s position in the fast-paced peripheral vascular intervention market and delivering on revenue goals and growth. Strong product management skills and excellent communication, collaboration, and influence management skills are necessary in this high visibility role.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Market Strategy and Planning: Translate business strategies into structured marketing and tactical plans and actions with measurable metrics.
- Develop and execute successful go-to-market strategies and plans for upcoming new device launches and drive post-launch initiatives to achieve market share and revenue goals.
- Partner with Marketing Communications to develop compelling positioning, claims, and messaging. Establish internal and external relationships and processes to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Revenue Growth: Execute marketing strategies to drive sales engagement, product adoption, share gain and, ultimately, drive revenue growth (KOL development, product placement in educational and conference events, campaigns, clinical and bench data dissemination, technology awareness, competitive differentiation and selling, etc.)
- Product Lifecycle Management: Provide cross-functional leadership for the commercial product lifecycle, including product discovery phase, launch and commercialization excellence, and sustaining product and marketing initiatives to achieve revenue goals.
- Develop product and procedural know-how and serve as an in-house expert for the peripheral interventional support devices portfolio.
- Work with the Professional Education and Sales Training teams on training and educational content and delivery, ensuring field team and physician knowledge of the market, products, clinical technique and messaging, and driving excitement to ensure safe and rapid adoption.
- Work with Marketing Communications to develop integrated promotional plans to build excitement, increase device adoption, and drive share gain.
- Anticipate, monitor and respond to competitive marketing initiatives.
- Oversee forecasting to ensure product availability at launch and beyond.
- Customer Engagement and Support: Partner with the field team to develop productive relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and CSI’s broad physician customer base. Provide support for field customer interactions, VIP meetings, and trade shows.
- Collaboration: Collaborate cross-functionally to further develop pre-clinical and clinical evidence based on identifying high priority customer needs, informing portfolio decisions and product improvement efforts within a cross functional team.
- Develop strong partnerships with field sales to learn and leverage best practices & success stories to maximize field sales success and efficiency with support devices.
- Conferences: Lead Peripheral device planning and product marketing activation at industry conferences for both atherectomy and support devices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Successful Job Performance:
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA preferred.
- 4+ years required (6+ preferred) of progressive marketing experience in the medical device or related industry; experience in the interventional cardiovascular space preferred but not required.
- Successful commercialization of at least 2 new products and/or marketing programs.
- Nimble, thrives in a fast-paced market and organization; able to self-task and multi-task; able to lead and work through ambiguity and change.
- Enjoys partnering cross-functionally, driving alignment and action; demonstrated leadership of cross-functional team members to create and deliver on commercial strategies, strategic product and market initiatives, product training and education, messaging and positioning, and competitive differentiation.
- Able to assess customer needs and market trends, and translate them into effective marketing and product strategies and plans.
- Creative and competitive, with strategic lens to create and drive high impact commercialization strategies and tactics.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with ability to interact at all levels of an organization and to confidently and competently present to executive teams and large groups.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Willingness to stretch beyond the initial job description and grow along with the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% of the time.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Work is performed on-site in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
CSI is an EEO/AA company: Women, Minorities, the Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or reasonable accommodation to apply for an open position, please contact the Recruiting Department at Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., 1225 Old Hwy 8, New Brighton MN 55112, or call (651) 259-1600.