Contract Marketing Communications Specialist
The Marketing Communications Specialist role works directly with marketing partners, and other functions to develop and execute internal and customer-facing (external) communications that reinforce CSI’s corporate, marketing, brand, and program objectives. This individual must be proactive, highly organized, detail-oriented, and an effective communicator (written and verbally). They will interact closely with a cross-functional group including Marketing Communications, Meetings/Events/ Tradeshows, Product Marketing, Medical Education, Sales Training, Regulatory, and Healthcare Economics & Reimbursement, as well as external vendors/partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Develop and Execute Marketing Activity
- Plan, support and execute strategic marketing and communication needs supporting product and program activities; including the creation of creative briefs, creative downloads, channel plans, and tactics (e.g. slide decks/presentations, sales flyers, brochures, posters, direct mail pieces, etc.).
- Contribute to product positioning, messaging and core creative development, ensuring cross-functional collaboration.
- Establish strong relationships with key stakeholders; proactively communicate deliverables, expectations, project timelines, program activity and logistics.
- Manage and create multi-channel communications; maintaining project records using established department procedures and tools.
- Manage field case studies including submission, approval, and distribution.
- Manage web content and updates across digital assets, such as company website, micro sites, and other properties/platforms.
- Manage literature and promotional materials website.
- Oversee literature, articles and swag inventory
- Work with promotional and fulfillment vendors to research, develop and approve on-trend, fresh, and popular new items. Partner with fulfillment vendors for necessary updates
- Ensure quality of produced material (to approved specs, brand guidelines, etc.)
- Implement website updates
- Develop metrics and reports on usage and ordering trends
- Own/manage slide repository/deck(s) supporting key Marketing/business topics
- Manage (via formal review process), proof, annotate and route materials; communicate changes/approvals to outside vendors/partners and secure approvals
- Support Healthcare Economics & Reimbursement team for development and execution of materials and content
- Manage allocated budgets, identifying cost-savings where appropriate.
- Manage and Support Meeting, Events & Tradeshow Activity
- Partner with Product Marketing, Medical Science Liaison, Professional Relations, Regulatory, Clinical/Science and MET to ensure MET strategies are understood and defined
- Create and execute strategies and define tactical elements
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (continued):
- Support Sales Training and Professional Education Activity
- Maintain current sales roster and update database as needed
- Assist in new sales literature ordering, sales passwords and account set-up for fulfillment site
- Conduct quarterly audit of Coronary and Peripheral sales training kits to ensure they are up to date and comprehensive of materials available
- Drive quarterly review and updates of presentations
- Maintain compliance to the CSI Quality Policy/System (e.g. Master Control), and all other documented quality processes and procedures, when performing assigned tasks
- Act as Marcom representative/lead for company activities and event committees
- Handle image requests and approvals
- Other duties as assigned
Specialist: BA or BS degree with 2-6 years of Communications/Marketing-related experience. Experience in medical device industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Successful Job Performance:
Knowledge of Adobe Suite, including Acrobat Pro for proofing and annotating documents; Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel); and basic design programs (e.g. Publisher). Proficiency in digital communication including updating website content and content management systems.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Ability to lift 40lbs, unpack/ pack literature and/or tradeshow materials in boxes, transfer items to warehouse for shipping, and successfully track materials for arrival.
About CSI & Working Conditions:
Cardiovascular Systems, Inc. (CSI) is devoted to developing and commercializing innovative solutions for treating peripheral and coronary vascular disease. Our primary focus is helping physicians conquer even the most difficult disease states, including arterial calcium, given the complications it presents for the millions who suffer from peripheral arterial disease (PAD) and coronary artery disease (CAD). CSI is committed to clinical rigor, constant innovation, and a defining drive to set the standard in safe, effective, economical medical devices that improve patient outcomes.
The Marketing Department is a fun, fast-paced group that works hard and delivers top-notch marketing programs and activity to our sales force and customers. We are located in a state-of-the-art building with on-site training facilities for employees and physicians. As their commitment to employee health and well-being, the headquarters also features a work-out facility, locker rooms and a nearby regional park with a complete trail system.
CSI is an EEO/AA company: Women, Minorities, the Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or reasonable accommodation to apply for an open position, please contact the Recruiting Department at Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., 1225 Old Hwy 8, New Brighton MN 55112, or call (651) 259-1600.