The Compliance Specialist will assist in implementing CSI’s healthcare compliance program by providing service, support, and advice in response to the changing needs of the organization, healthcare laws, and governmental policies.
- Review and evaluate submissions for proposed actions or expenditures related to healthcare professionals, medical institutions and other government officials to ensure compliance with CSI’s policies and procedures.
- Stay current on US Healthcare Compliance laws, regulations and enforcement environment and understand how they impact the organization.
- Provide guidance to employees on the CSI’s compliance policies and programs.
- Cross-functional collaboration with many departments within CSI, including Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Regulatory, Medical Education and Clinical departments.
- Support CSI by discussing and handling compliance matters and managing risk in a professional manner.
- Contribute to compliance risk mitigation through continuous analysis of risk, handling specific issues and remediation measures.
- Prepare compliance presentations and reports
- Promote a zero tolerance environment where fraud or non-compliance is unacceptable.
- Inform Corporate Compliance Officer of compliance violations.
- Create materials for compliance training events for executives, managers and non-managers.
- Participate in the education of CSI staff regarding applicable Compliance rules, regulations and best practices
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the Company’s compliance program through regular review of policies, trainings, communications and other components of the program. Assist in developing and managing template and precedent documents.
- Attend to general administrative matters relating to the Compliance team.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Legal, Accounting, Finance, or other relevant qualifications required
- 2-5 years of experience in Healthcare Compliance, legal or related experience
- Strong knowledge of US Healthcare Compliance laws, regulations and enforcement environment
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated effective and efficient analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, a demanding workload and meet deadlines
- Self-starter with ability to translate strategies into goals and action plans
- Able to implement action plans and achieve goals
- Proficient at Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work independently and in a team
CSI is an EEO/AA company: Women, Minorities, the Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or reasonable accommodation to apply for an open position, please contact the Recruiting Department at Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., 1225 Old Hwy 8, New Brighton MN 55112, or call (651) 259-1600.