Principal Coronary Clinical Marketing Manager
The Principal Clinical Marketing Manager is a high visibility leader in CSI’s rapidly growing cardiology franchise, reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Marketing. This critical position defines global strategic direction and leads cross-functional activity to establish and communicate a clinical value proposition for CSI’s expanding portfolio of coronary products and clinical studies, including the randomized, controlled ECLIPSE Trial, the largest study ever performed in coronary atherectomy.
In addition, the Principal Clinical Marketing Manager leads definition and execution of market development strategies to prepare the market for CSI’s exciting new first percutaneous hemodynamic pump platform, working closely with Upstream Marketing, Clinical and others inside and outside of CSI.
The Principal Clinical Marketing Manager leverages leadership skills, marketing savvy, and clinical insight to deliver accurate and impactful strategies, programs, and selling initiatives that shape perceptions and drive adoption, brand preference, and optimal clinical outcomes for CSI’s coronary therapies and devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads global clinical marketing activities, identifying, interpreting and disseminating clinical insight related to CSI therapies, techniques, products and technologies. Works in collaboration with Product Marketing, Sales, Professional Education, Medical Affairs, Sales Training, Clinical, R&D and coronary physician thought-leaders.
- Develops a comprehensive global clinical marketing plan to drive growth for CSI’s coronary franchise, defining (1) areas of focus, including competitive risks and opportunities, (2) messaging framework, (3) claims matrix, (4) calendar of activities and tactics, (5) resource and budget requirements, and (6) agency and consulting partnerships.
- Develops and delivers multi-channel campaigns to play offense and drive global core coronary business success, integrating tactics including podium presence, publications, case studies, white papers, promotion including digital communications, professional and sales training, and sales tactics.
- Provides strategic and executional support for symposia and presentations.
- Monitors the global coronary landscape for new clinical insights and competitive activities, supporting executives, Sales, cross-functional partners and Investor Relations with meaningful summaries and effective messaging.
- Works with Clinical and Medical Affairs to define and support a robust global portfolio of clinical and scientific evidence aligned with CSI business and market needs.
- Partners with executives, Clinical, Sales, Product Marketing to support the success of the ECLIPSE Trial, the largest study of coronary atherectomy, and other CSI coronary studies.
- Co-leads the ECLIPSE Task Team with the VP of Clinical.
- Works closely with the Clinical team and study PIs to meet study enrollment milestones and optimize patient recruitment and clinical best practice within the trial.
- Partners with the Clinical team and Sales to optimize field support for trial execution.
- Builds market excitement and anticipation for the trail results.
- Executes a messaging plan to support executives, investor relations and Sales.
- Leads high visibility rollout of trial milestones and results, with comprehensive, integrated multi-channel marketing plan incorporating best-in-class communication and education tactics.
- Works with Health Economics and Reimbursement and Medical Affairs to leverage study findings to create a positive economic, reimbursement, clinical pathway and guideline environment for CSI products.
Market Development for Product Pipeline:
- Leads global market development strategy and execution for CSI’s exciting new percutaneous hemodynamic pump platform.
- Defines plan and leads activities to prepare the market for CSI hemodynamic pump, establishing CSI’s perspective and vision within the market.
- Collaborates with the Clinical and Upstream Marketing teams to inform claims, global pre-clinical and clinical research strategies including protocols, to ensure strong market position post-launch.
- Provides guidance to Clinical, Professional Education and Sales Training for development of effective training and educational programs to support the success of CSI clinical trials.
- Partners cross-functionally to define plans for clinical trial execution, meet enrollment milestones and optimize patient recruitment and clinical best practice with the trial.
- Leads development of the go-to-market strategy in preparation for launch.
- Works with Health Economics and Reimbursement and Medical Affairs to create a plan to ensure a positive economic, reimbursement, clinical decision-making and guideline environment.
Key Opinion Leader (KOL) Strategy and Engagement:
- Leads global thought-leader strategy and tactics to support Coronary clinical marketing initiatives:
- Identifies and builds close, productive relationships.
- Serves as CSI point-of-contact.
- Engages regarding relevant research and therapeutic areas.
- Leads cross-functional strategic decision-making as well as tactical execution for CSI clinical marketing plans.
- Participates in defining CSI business, clinical, technology, economic, reimbursement and guideline strategies.
- Monitors new clinical insights and competitive landscape, identifying evolving or disruptive trends and recommending strategies to maximize clinical and product investments, as well as sales and marketing tactics.
- Manages large programs and campaigns, leading cross-functional teams and overseeing agencies, consultants and, potentially, interns to deliver high quality work on time and within budget.
- Maintains coronary clinical claims matrix.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Successful Job Performance:
- 10+ years of marketing experience in the medical or healthcare environment.
- Understanding of the actions of regulatory bodies, including FDA, and clinical trial design.
- Analytical skills and capability to understand, interpret, and communicate complex scientific information.
- Experience translating clinical content into high impact marketing programs and aligning commercial and scientific goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with KOLs in their therapeutic areas.
- Ability to partner effective with sales organizations.
- Experience managing agencies and contractors.
- Experience working with medical devices or pharmaceuticals in the cardiovascular space.
- Advanced degree (MBA, clinical, engineering or sciences).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to build strong relationships across a dynamic organization, with field teams, and with global customers.
- Strong team player and mature personality that works effectively across functions and in diverse envirnments.
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills.
- Proven ability to lead large cross-functional teams, including overseeing agency and consultant work, to deliver high impact, high quality work on time and within budget.
- Other Competences and Values:
- Highest level of integrity and quality, with strong patient and customer focus
- Agile and creative problem solver.
- Delivers excellence in work.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Builds strong community within teams and organizations.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
CSI is an EEO/AA company: Women, Minorities, the Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or reasonable accommodation to apply for an open position, please contact the Recruiting Department at Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., 1225 Old Hwy 8, New Brighton MN 55112, or call (651) 259-1600.