Senior Manager, Strategic Pricing & Analytics
Please note, this position will be located in MN
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Portfolio Strategy, this newly created position of Senior Manager of Strategic Pricing & Analytics is responsible for developing, communicating and leading the execution of CSI’s pricing strategy through activities at both the strategic and tactical levels across the organization. Serves as an effective liaison with Executive Management, Sales, Marketing, Operations, International, Finance, Customer Service, and IT.
- Demonstrates knowledge of customer deal economics, financial modeling techniques, and related pricing strategies.
- Prepares, manipulates and extracts data and information from multiple internal and external sources and leverages to develop and execute pricing strategies.
- Works effectively across functions such as Sales, Marketing, Operations, International, Finance, Customer Service, and IT to design and implement new or enhancements to existing processes, systems, and tools.
- Communicates effectively across the organization regarding profit opportunities and key pricing insights.
- Develops, communicates and monitors price recommendations and guardrails for products, bundles, and deals by performing pricing analysis or leveraging and synthesizing advanced analytics of internal and external intelligence.
- Develops, implements and maintains pricing programs designed to enhance pricing margin.
Develops Pricing Strategy
- Develops product and portfolio pricing strategies to predict and achieve targeted sales volumes and financial returns given prospective pricing changes based on:
- Key macro environment and/or medical device industry trends.
- Current business and competitive environment.
- Organization / cross-functional input and expertise.
- Customer segments and associated deal economics.
- Advanced statistical methods and techniques such as causal and predictive modeling / forecasting (e.g., price elasticity), data mining, simulation, and/or optimization.
- Partners with Portfolio Strategy team in the creation of pricing strategies for new products (make and/or buy) and downstream marketing teams, including the Coronary and Peripheral Franchise leads, to finalize pricing strategies and approval grids for Product Launch Plans.
- Leads cross-functional initiatives to evaluate and recommend novel strategic pricing opportunities as part of alternative payment models for paying for value as part of value-based health care
- Effectively communicates complex strategies and insights to various audiences including senior business and functional leaders during quarterly business reviews and/or other forums.
Implements Pricing Strategy
- Leads CSI’s Price Committee (CFO, VP of Marketing, and VP Sales) and deal flow review, ensuring deep expertise and coordination with Marketing, Sales, Finance, IT, and Legal leadership.
- Translates pricing strategies into specific initiatives and pricing programs ensuring pricing strategies are tied to business strategies (and profitability drivers)
- Integrates pricing strategies into pricing / contracting strategies ensuring linkage and alignment
- Provides leadership and project management, ensuring initiatives are delivered on time and on target
- Partners with Finance, Sales Ops, Marketing and IT to implement, automate and operationalize pricing models into day-to-day business decision making, including enhancements to existing processes, systems, and tools if necessary.
- Establishes cadence of portfolio pricing reviews that adjust pricing to support company’s strategic goals balanced with key market and competitive inputs / trends.
- Develops and manages a quarterly franchise-level pricing forecast model, including extensive portfolio of new products coming through the pipeline.
- Tracks and measures impact of pricing strategies / execution
Builds Pricing Competency / Expertise
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with pricing processes, systems, and controls.
- Understands quantitative pricing models and techniques including advanced statistical methods (e.g., predictive modeling / forecasting, data mining, simulation, and/or optimization.
- Facilitates best practice sharing and works across the Marketing function and broader organization to develop, implement, and build confidence in CSI pricing strategies
- MBA or MS in a quantitative science (statistics, operations research, mathematics, econometrics, engineering, bioinformatics, machine learning, etc.).
- 5+ years of leading strategic pricing experience required, including demonstrated knowledge and experience with pricing processes, systems, and controls and implementation.
- Prior medical device experience at the manager or senior manager level or higher strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to establish and execute a pricing vision / strategy for a business.
- Demonstrated record of success with ability for process development, streamlining work and driving execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present business strategies effectively to senior leaders and large groups.
- Ability to thrive, quickly adapt to change - and lead others through change - in a dynamic, fast-paced industry and matrixed work environment.
- Thrives in a start-up environment where everyone needs to be actively chasing opportunities and solving problems.
- Ability to foster a diverse workplace to enable everyone to contribute to their full potential and achieve objectives.
- Provide leadership in support of CSI’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- ~10% travel domestic and global
CSI is an EEO/AA company: Women, Minorities, the Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or reasonable accommodation to apply for an open position, please contact the Recruiting Department at Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., 1225 Old Hwy 8, New Brighton MN 55112, or call (651) 259-1600.