The Planner-Buyer is responsible for collaborating with cross functional departments to determine the Master Production Schedule and must possess the ability to operate effectively and efficiently in the current systems, or lead initiatives to implement alternate systems, to ensure that the procurement team understands requirements to meet inventory, customer service and cost objectives for CSI. In addition, they may be responsible for procuring components, materials, and equipment, which would entail acquiring quotations, reviewing bids and making sourcing decisions, to maintain inventory at planned levels.
- Works closely with Manufacturing to provide assurance that the current inventory of components/raw materials will support the production plan.
- Works with Manufacturing to determine the Master Production Schedules based upon the production plan.
- Formulates component/raw material requirements based upon the Master Production Schedule.
- Ensures accuracy of material requirements for components/raw materials to demand the purchase orders necessary to meet production schedules, taking into account inventory parameters and lead times.
- Actively involved in all new product introduction and product changes to understand component/raw material requirements to facilitate a transition to manufacturing.
- Establish and maintain component and supplier data in the ERP system.
- Support internal customers, Production, Receiving, Inspection, Supplier Quality, Accounting, Design, etc. in effectively and efficiently resolving open issues.
- Manage open orders; follow up, expedite, delay and provide ongoing system maintenance to accurately reflect component/raw material support of the production plan.
- Works actively with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality and External suppliers in seeking ways to improve: Quality, Service & Cost
- Develops and enhances relationships with supplier/partners. May serves as primary contact and fosters positive and mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers.
- General understanding and ability to communicate component specifications to suppliers, including the ability to read drawings to determine dimensions, tolerances, and incoming quality requirements.
- Knowledge - A business professional with an understanding of principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Ability to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways. General knowledge of business unit functions and cross group dependencies/relationships.
- Problem Solving - Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises authority and judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a general knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their impact on the business unit.
- Business Relationships – Ability to establish and cultivate a wide range of business relationships to facilitate completion of assignments. Represents organization as the prime contact on projects that are assigned. Interacts with internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Uses discretion, diplomacy and tact to resolve difficult situations.
- Decision Making - Works under general guidance regarding the direction and progress of projects and special assignments. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Interprets and executes company policies. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field, with a minimum of 2 years of applicable business experience, or a minimum of 1 year of planning-purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent internal customer service and ability to collaborate with cross functional groups at varying levels within the organization
- Ability to utilize analytical skills effectively
- Attention to detail and good problem solving abilities
- Effective prioritization skills and ability to adapt
- Solid computer, math and negotiation skills
- Good verbal & written communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Understanding and knowledge of quality systems
- Ability to understand corporate policies and procedures
CSI is an EEO/AA company: Women, Minorities, the Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or reasonable accommodation to apply for an open position, please contact the Recruiting Department at Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., 1225 Old Hwy 8, New Brighton MN 55112, or call (651) 259-1600.