Principal Product Manager, Peripheral
Cardiovascular Systems, Inc. (CSI), the U.S. leader in peripheral and coronary atherectomy, is committed to building out our product portfolio to become a leading global cardiovascular company.
The Principal Product Manager will lead the commercialization of CSI’s newest therapeutic devices. This includes development of global marketing plans, US launch plans, and commercial strategies and tactics to support adoption and growth of the new devices. This position is part of CSI’s Peripheral Marketing Team and reports directly to the Director of Peripheral Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Principal Product Manager is responsible for providing marketing and business leadership for CSI’s new therapeutic devices while also ensuring attainment of key business objectives. Successful therapeutic device commercialization experience, strong product management skills (particularly down-stream), and excellent communication and influence management skills are required. This position has significant organizational and executive visibility.
Succeed in the Market:
- Develop and execute successful product launch strategies and plans for CSI’s newest therapeutic devices.
- Drive post-launch growth and share gains with strong post-commercialization programs and initiatives.
- Partner with Marketing Communications and Medical Affairs to develop compelling positioning, claims, and messaging. Establish internal and external relationships and processes to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Partner with Marketing Communications, the Peripheral and Coronary franchise teams, and Sales to develop effective promotional and sales strategies, initiatives, and tools that drive adoption, share, revenue, and brand equity.
- Partner cross-functionally to secure voice-of-customer feedback and engage Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) to guide marketing and education activities.
- Collaborate with Professional Education and Sales Training teams to develop and execute a comprehensive clinical and product training program that highlights clinical and economic benefits to patients, physicians and administrators.
- Develop product and procedural know-how, and serve as an in-house expert for the new therapeutic devices.
- Develop competitive positioning rooted in a thorough understanding of the category, including competitors’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Lead planning and product marketing activations at industry conferences.
Deliver in the Market:
- Collaborate with internal product marketing team members to strategically integrate the new therapeutic devices into CSI’s broadening portfolio of products for peripheral vascular interventions.
- Work in close collaboration with Marketing leadership, Sales, and Sales Operations to develop and execute quarterly and annual plans-of-action, account segmentation and targeting, pricing, forecasting, and inventory management to drive sales success.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support sales meetings, internal and customer programs and trainings, and VIP and account visits.
- Facilitate and support cross-functional field activity (e.g. Quality, Regulatory, Clinical, R&D).
- Provide senior management and cross-functional partners with dashboards, updates, reports, content, and presentations to communicate business, products, and marketing progress.
- Anticipate, monitor, and respond to competitive initiatives.
Create Operational Excellence:
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including demand planning, customer service, sales, sales operations, R&D, quality and regulatory, finance, legal and compliance to understand, define, and establish business policy, process, and best-in-class operations.
- Support forecasting and inventory management for assigned product lines, aligning to marketing initiatives.
- Develop and improve upon CSI commercialization processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or a technical degree required. MBA or related Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years (8+ preferred) peripheral intervention or related medical device market experience preferred, with successful commercialization of at least 2 new therapeutic products.
- Demonstrated success in independently leading commercialization teams to achieve key milestones and launch timelines.
- Demonstrated experience in quickly developing subject matter expertise on therapies and device categories new to the organization.
- Sales orientation or experience working with a high performing salesforce.
- Financial acumen with sound thought process for opportunity assessments, modeling, and pricing.
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker, able to work in a team environment with demonstrated effectiveness at cross-functional collaboration and ability to drive execution.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross functional team members on creation of commercial strategies, strategic programs, clinical messaging and positioning, and competitive differentiation
- Success leading and working through ambiguity and change
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with ability to interact at all levels of an organization and to confidently and competently present to executive teams and large groups.
- Reside in Twin Cities with ability to travel approximately 30-40% of the time.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Work is performed on-site in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
CSI is an EEO/AA company: Women, Minorities, the Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or reasonable accommodation to apply for an open position, please contact the Recruiting Department at Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., 1225 Old Hwy 8, New Brighton MN 55112, or call (651) 259-1600.