Director of Strategic Accounts
Can be located in Phoenix, LA, San Francisco, Denver, Seattle, Portland
This role will be responsible for seeking out new business relationships within key strategic corporate accounts in addition to identifying opportunities to maintain and increase existing business and capture key partnerships.
Scope of Impact:
The primary objective is to create strategic business alliances with key hospitals, health systems, office based labs and influential physicians to enhance CSI’ commercial growth.
This position is responsible for leading and executing cross-functional teams with new and innovative growth ideas to leverage CSI’s value proposition within a dynamic marketplace and executing them with measurable results within targeted accounts.
This role will have national influence amongst our entire field sales organization in helping to drive and sustain revenue growth.
This individual will have three key areas of focus:
Pricing Strategy and Contracting for Peripheral and Coronary Franchises
- Field based execution and implementation of pricing programs that allow CSI to maximize profit margins in conjunction with our overall value proposition within a dynamic healthcare environment.
Office Based Lab
- Continued development of CSI’s Office Based Lab initiative with specific focus on quarter over quarter revenue growth within the Group/Corporate accounts and quarterly
- Researching, planning and implementing new market programs and assisting the field sales organization in overcoming market barriers within key target accounts (C75, T200) by adopting new and innovative approaches toward market leadership through collaboration, innovation and relationship building
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and enhance portfolio of corporate accounts and OBL Groups by identifying key players—customers, distributors, potential partners, influencers.
- Create strategic market development plans for specific high potential and high growth accounts
- Demonstrate and execute a strategic selling approach by identifying key decision makers throughout targeted hospitals and health systems, while successfully positioning and communicating CSI’s value proposition.
- Developing and implementing a consistent approach for the field sales organization to shift the buyer’s focus away from price and capturing the value OAS provide health care providers.
- Demonstrate confidence, practical intelligence and an accountability for growing new buyers and delivering revenue targets.
- Builds relationships with key market influencers, i.e., early adopters, key influencers, thought leaders and end user customers with the specific goals of driving therapy adoption towards standard of care.
- Building relationships with value based decision makers within targeted strategic accounts by educating these customers on CSI’s clinical and economic outcomes. The goal being to advance therapy adoption of OAS throughsmart strategies that include clear positioning, appropriate pricing, and competitive advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on Business, Marketing, Communications, and Economics
- Able to travel 60% of the time
- A minimum of 10 years of Sales or Marketing experience within the healthcare environment with at least 2 years of direct pricing and contracting experience
- Extensive experience negotiating contracts
- Strong medical device experience, preferably in a medium to large size medical device manufacturer
- Experience with training sales teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Successful Job Performance:
- Quota based sales experience
- Highly detailed and process oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with all levels of Value Based Decision Makers within medium to large health systems, IDN’s, and GPO’s
- Advanced knowledge of Regulatory and Compliance guidelines
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- May sit for long periods of time
- Operating a computer, telephone, voicemail and other office equipment on a regular basis
- Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of the spoken word
- Must have the ability to convey detailed information in a clear and concise manner
- Must demonstrate good problem-solving skills
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Work is performed on-site in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
This is a Field Position
CSI is an EEO/AA company: Women, Minorities, the Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or reasonable accommodation to apply for an open position, please contact the Recruiting Department at Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., 1225 Old Hwy 8, New Brighton MN 55112, or call (651) 259-1600.