Sr. Coronary Product Marketing Manager
***NO RELOCATION - Position will be located in St. Paul, MN
The Senior Product Manager will have broad responsibility for domestic market growth, commercial strategies and tactics, and new product development related to the market-leading Diamondback 360 Coronary Orbital Atherectomy System. This position is key member of CSI’s Coronary Marketing Team and reports directly to the Director of Coronary Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for providing marketing leadership for coronary products and programs to assure attainment of business objectives and revenue goals. Strong product management skills (both up-stream and down-stream) and excellent communication, collaboration, and influence management skills are required.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Market Strategy and Planning: Translate business strategies into structured marketing and tactical plans and actions with measurable metrics.
- Market Growth: Execute market development strategies to enhance technology adoption and drive market growth (KOL development, pre-clinical and clinical data dissemination, technology awareness, competitive differentiation, etc.)
- Product Lifecyle Management: Direct responsibility for beginning to end product lifecyle management, including product innovation and product improvement efforts within a cross functional team, launch and commercialization, and sustaining product and marketing initiatives to achieve revenue goals.
- Work with the Medical Education and Sales Training teams on specific courses to enhance physician and sales professional training and knowledge of the products and messaging (operational and clinical).
- Work with MarComm to develop integrated promotional plans to support increased device adoption and share gain.
- Anticipate, monitor and respond to competitive marketing initiatives.
- Oversee forecasting to ensure product availability.
- Customer Engagement and Support: Develop productive relationships with Key Opinion Leaders. Provide support for field customer interactions, VIP meetings, and trade shows.
- Collaboration: Collaborate cross-functionally to further develop pre-clinical and clinical evidence based on identifying high priority customer needs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Successful Job Performance:
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA preferred.
- 4+ years required (6+ preferred) of progressive marketing experience in the medical device or related industry.
- Demonstrated leadership in the successful commercialization of at least 2 new products and/or marketing programs.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross functional team members to create and deliver on commercial strategies, market development and strategic product initiatives, clinical messaging and positioning, and competitive differentiation.
- Knowledge of interventional cardiology strongly desired.
- Ability to assess customer needs and market trends and to translate into workable marketing and product strategies and plans.
- Market development or downstream product marketing experience in addition to upstream marketing experience, preferred.
- Highly effective at partnering cross-functionally and driving alignment and action (specifically with marketing, sales, operations, clinical, and R&D).
- Creativity, competitiveness, and strategic insight to create and drive commercialization strategies and tactics.
- Ability to lead and work through ambiguity and change.
- Ability to self-task and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal and strong ability to engage with customers.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Willingness to stretch beyond the initial job description and grow along with the organization.
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% of the time.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Work is performed on-site in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
CSI is an EEO/AA company: Women, Minorities, the Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or reasonable accommodation to apply for an open position, please contact the Recruiting Department at Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., 1225 Old Hwy 8, New Brighton MN 55112, or call (651) 259-1600.