IT Business Analyst - Business Operations
The business analyst acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with IT and the business to elicit, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which highly adoptable applications and solutions are developed and delivered. The business analyst is an active thought partner who helps shape the technology demand among the business community.
The day-to-day role is to work with business (Supply Chain / Operations / Quality / Finance) and IT partners on understanding the business processes and performing business analysis techniques that enable projects to be successful and goals to be met. This role will lead requirements gathering sessions to analyze, define and document business processes, requirements and development of user interface design specifications for technology projects. This includes working with development team members by collaborating on the development, testing, and deployment of highly adoptable solutions.
This role will also assist with project management, validation and rolling-out of solutions, bug fixes, enhancements and tier 2 support. This role helps ensure the smooth execution of projects to develop and deliver high-quality IT solutions using Agile principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Elicit requirements for assigned projects by working with business and IT stakeholders.
- Work within CSI’s ERP environment to deliver high quality / robust solutions (Epicor).
- Performs analysis and translates business needs to create high quality, actionable requirements documentation within specified time frames to solve moderate to highly complex problems considering all impacted components
- Develop lifecycle documents, including Business Workflow Diagrams, Business Use Cases, User Stories, User Interface Design Documents and other documents as required.
- Acquire and maintain deep understanding and knowledge of business workflows, user interface and user experience design best practices, interaction models and customer led design
- Effectively engage business sponsors and stakeholders in change management activities.
- Define, design, assess and improve the solutions that provide the business capabilities and end-to-end value to users and stakeholders and maximizes end user adoption.
- Provide support with developing, testing and rolling-out of solutions, bug fixes and enhancements.
- Assists in project delivery coordination by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate systems designs and validate proposed solutions.
- Obtains key inputs from technical teams and identifies solution interdependencies.
- Engages with technology end-users to incorporate usability and user interface needs when defining project design requirements.
- Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues.
- Assists in change implementation activities.
- Articulate or translate complex information in a clear, meaningful, and structured way to suit audience.
- Assist with smooth development and delivery of projects to the business.
- Project management tasks as needed to support project delivery.
- Work to develop and deliver high-quality solutions using Agile principles.
- Tier 2 level support including troubleshooting and solving incidents reported by users and conduct Problem Management including root cause analysis of design and adoptability problems.
- Maintain compliance to the CSI Quality Policy/System (e.g. Master Control), and all other documented quality processes and procedures, when performing assigned tasks.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 3 years of experience with business analysis and requirements management.
- 3 years of experience with supporting complex business systems (ERP) and processes.
- Ability to interpret and or discuss technical information with a non-technical audience.
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical major and 3 years of related experience or 7 years of experience will satisfy degree and experience requirements.
- Experience with ERP, MES, PLM and other enterprise level systems.
- APICS Certification(s) are a plus.
- Project management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Successfully work collaboratively and with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding or experience in medical device industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Successful Job Performance:
- Competent to work with minimal supervision in a technical capacity on most phases of assigned projects
- Experience leading requirement discovery working sessions with an audience of business and technology.
- Experience translating the results of requirement discovery sessions into requirements documentation.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- May sit for long periods of time
- Operating a computer, telephone, voicemail and other office equipment on a regular basis
- Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of the spoken word
- Must have the ability to convey detailed information in a clear and concise manner
- Must demonstrate good problem-solving skills
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Work is performed on-site in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
About CSI & Working Conditions:
Cardiovascular Systems, Inc. (CSI) is devoted to developing and commercializing innovative solutions for treating peripheral and coronary vascular disease. Our primary focus is helping physicians conquer even the most difficult disease states, including arterial calcium, given the complications it presents for the millions who suffer from peripheral arterial disease (PAD) and coronary artery disease (CAD). CSI is committed to clinical rigor, constant innovation, and a defining drive to set the standard in safe, effective, economical medical devices that improve patient outcomes.
CSI is an EEO/AA company: Women, Minorities, the Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or reasonable accommodation to apply for an open position, please contact the Recruiting Department at Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., 1225 Old Hwy 8, New Brighton MN 55112, or call (651) 259-1600.