Area Associate Sales Representative
Position could also be located in the LA/Orange County area.
The Associate Sales Representative (ASR) will partner with sales leadership to:
- Candidate MUST be willing and able to move when an appropriate DSM role becomes available.
- Maximize profit by achieving sales revenue targets and grow market share in a sales area by promoting, selling and servicing Cardiovascular Systems, Inc. customers with CSI Peripheral Vascular and (as appropriate) Coronary products
- Support customers through case coverage, clinical education, and training appropriate medical staff on products and procedures
- Practice good, ethical territory management in terms of organization, planning, administration and expense planning and control
- Increase sales and revenue by aggressively targeting and developing new accounts
- Participate in sales and clinical development activities in preparation for a District Sales Manager (DSM) role.
- Meet expectations as defined by Sales Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
INFLUENCE AND SELLING SKILLS
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external key decision makers, customers and their staff, administrative staff, etc.
- Plan, implement and deliver effective sales/product presentations to customers, defining objectives and measuring success
- Probe to understand and confirm customers’ needs, handle objections, and gain commitment by customers on actions to drive revenue growth and maximize profitability
- Maximize revenue potential by targeting specific customers to gain sales leads and develop business opportunities to drive growth
- Respond to customer requests and resolve complaints in a prompt and effective manner
- Educate customers to ensure that products are understood and used effectively
- Maintain high standard of personal presentation and promote a professional image
SELF DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
- Proactively develop knowledge, skills and abilities in all relevant areas; e.g., clinical, technical, product, and sales skills
- Recognize, understand, and be able to communicate features, strengths, and drawbacks of competitive products in relation to the company’s products
- Participate in product and skill development programs and activities such as classroom education, on-the-job training, and other relevant activities that assist in the development of the team and yourself
PLANNING / RESULTS ORIENTATION
Ability to develop, implement and deliver on plans to achieve/exceed sales targets. Plans, actions, and results should include:
- Consistent achievement/overachievement of sales objectives
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities
- Specific targeted accounts/customers in which to maintain and grow business
- Identified competitive accounts in which to establish and promote new business
- Consistent follow through on all objectives and assignments
- Metrics and timelines to evaluate results
TERRITORY MANAGEMENT / ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT
- Develop and maintain accurate account and territory records
- Effectively manage time to ensure maximum coverage of accounts in order to achieve optimum level of exposure and results
- Develop and act on plans which identify growth opportunities within current and competitive customer accounts
- Develop and implement strategies to counter competitors
- In collaboration with other departments, manage inventory to optimally balance availability of product with inventory costs
- Control and manage expenses in the most cost effective manner for the company
- Develop and maintain productive, collaborative working relationships within company to ensure maximum sales support and a high level of customer service
- Actively contribute to the development of a strong team effort
- Communicate market intelligence/competitor activity promptly, including potential sales leads, and provide information regarding product price or account activity to Regional Manager and other appropriate company personnel; e.g., The Legal Dept.
- Maintain a professional standard of written and verbal communication
- Proactively respond to all requests in a professional, timely manner; e.g., Voicemail, Email, etc.
- Adherence with all company policies and procedures; e.g., CSI Code of Conduct, AdvaMed, etc.
- Compliance with all relevant clinical and regulatory body guidelines
- Adherence to customer account policies and procedures where applicable
- Compliance with all safety standards, policies and regulations
- Compliance with all other standards, policies and legal requirements related to this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2+ years of medical device selling experience in a hospital and surgical center setting (vascular and/or coronary device experience preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Successful Job Performance:
- Must be able to travel up to 100%, and be able to move with an appropriate District Sales Manager position becomes available.
- Demonstrated success selling clinical and economic value, and overcoming barriers to adoption
- Experience calling on multi-functional stakeholders in a hospital
- Demonstrated high level of sales performance in a highly technical, competitive, and volatile environment
- Demonstrated skills in sales planning , organization and execution
- Demonstrated skills in account, inventory, expense, and budget management
- Consistent success working in a variety of business conditions and in a collaborative environment
- Ability to teach and educate medical personnel, peers, and technical support personnel
- Continual self development and passion for a mission
- Computer (PC) literacy
- Infectious disease; Radiation; Blood borne pathogens
- Must be able to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work in Operating Rooms and Cath Labs
- Ability to travel by car and plane. Must have valid driver’s license for state of residency.
- Ability to conduct company business outside of the typical Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00 pm, work-schedule preferred
This is a field position
CSI is an EEO/AA company: Women, Minorities, the Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or reasonable accommodation to apply for an open position, please contact the Recruiting Department at Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., 1225 Old Hwy 8, New Brighton MN 55112, or call (651) 259-1600.