Technical Proposal Writer
The technical proposal writer will assist CSCI’s capture efforts focused on responding to federal and state Request for Proposals (RFP). The proposal writer will work as part of the overall Capture Management team in creating responses for Request for Information and Request for Proposals. The proposal writer may also assist in other business development tasks as required.
Support in this role will require at a minimum the following activities:
- Develop RFP responses utilizing existing library of resources as well as developing new strategic and project specific information.
- Ensure response is organized, clear and concise for ease of evaluation; include use of matrices and exhibits to highlight relevant experience with respect to key areas of the solicitation and evaluation criteria.
- Ensure final content is aligned to overall win themes and capture strategy and provides a clear concise value proposition focused on the client’s unique needs and operating environment.
- Analyze competitive data and work closely with the Capture Manager and account leadership to shape the client’s experience and/or past performance requirements prior to solicitation release.
- Vet incoming RFP opportunities for scope of service and deliverables.
- Effectively manage cross-functional stakeholders to ensure timely completion of RFPs.
- Conduct gap analysis to determine the strengths of current approaches and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Utilize RFP management software to manage and automate RFP processes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders to facilitate RFP responses and content creation.
- Ensure content library remains up to date.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with proven experience and a preferred concentration in Business, English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications, or comparable work experience.
- Five (5) years preferred, three (3) years minimum of experience in proposal writing in response to Federal and/or State Request for Proposals (RFP).
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Experience in MS Word, Teams, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Possess strong analytical skills required to proactively research information and begin compiling initial responses to government solicitations.
- Demonstrate strong writing, editing, and document organization skills.
- Must be willing and able to work as part of a team.
- Great attitude and strong work ethic!
- Experience in formal capture/proposal methodologies
- Knowledge and experience in industry-wide best practices in proposal management
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal and State government procurement regulations and practices (including FAR and DFAR).
- Demonstrating the ability to manage time, writing, editing and people with collaborative skill levels.
- Team-orientated with a proven ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Attention to detail and exception follow-up skills.
- Demonstrative initiate and problem-solving ability, to meet all deadlines, without issues.
- Experience creating graphs, charts, and other visual digital content.
- Experience creating online content, brochures, and capability information.
CSCI is an award-winning information technology and financial management consulting firm founded on one simple philosophy: “Do what is right, always.” We apply this philosophy across all elements of our growing business, from delivering world-class services for customers to providing an environment for associates that encourages personal and professional growth. At CSCI, work and fun aren’t diametrically opposed. Our goal is to hire people with proven track records and retain them with an energizing, diverse company culture. We value each associate’s natural drive to excel, and we provide them with the freedom to do things their way. CSCI seeks the best and brightest in the industry; those who are ready to move their lives and career forward. Join us today, and get excited about Mondays again!
Benefits of Working at CSCI
- Competitive Salaries
- 20 Days Paid Time Off (PTO), plus Paid Holidays
- Full Health Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401K Retirement Plan
CSCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity. While all candidates are considered, CSCI encourages the above individuals to apply.
CSCI is committed to helping individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensuring equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation, please contact CSCI Human Resources for further assistance. For questions regarding the qualifications listed above, please contact the CSCI Talent Acquisition Team.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.