Senior Finance and Accounting Specialist
The finance and accounting specialist will help us to manage all financial transactions, from accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and tax. The senior finance and accounting specialist holds responsibility for preparing monthly and year-end closings, fixed asset maintenance, journal entries, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. This position spends a fair amount of time producing Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. Many aspects of internal reporting will be your responsibility during the monthly close. You will also communicate with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, take part in compliance, and look over schedules for the reporting processes.
This position will be located onsite at our company’s headquarters in Indianapolis, IN.
Support in this role will require at a minimum the following activities:
- Assists management with important financial decisions.
- Prepares business reports, financial forecasts and statements to understand the financial state of the business.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Manages the establishment, preparation, and analysis of budgets.
- Monitor financial reports and determine ways to reduce costs.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting treatment options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Develops accounting procedures and policies as required.
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP), rules, regulations, and systems of internal control.
- Maintains financial security by implementing and following internal controls.
- Manages the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Guides administrative staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Prepares and submits invoices to customers on a monthly or as needed basis.
- Receive customer payments and apply receipts transactions into accounting system.
- Analyze accounts receivables and determine actions for pro-active collection as needed.
- Assist team and customers on accounts receivable related questions.
- Prepare payroll reports and reconciliations.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of accounting experience is required.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent attention detail and analytical skills.
- Advanced in the use of MS Excel including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables.
- Above-average and persistent problem solving skills.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software.
- Ability to anticipate and effectively manage change.
- Must be willing and able to work as part of a team.
- Great attitude and strong work ethic!
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with Deltek’s CostPoint software.
- Experience with Cognos reporting.
- Possess motivation to learn new technologies and methodologies that demonstrate value.
CSCI is an award-winning information technology and financial management consulting firm founded on one simple philosophy: “Do what is right, always.” We apply this philosophy across all elements of our growing business, from delivering world-class services for customers to providing an environment for associates that encourages personal and professional growth. At CSCI, work and fun aren’t diametrically opposed. Our goal is to hire people with proven track records and retain them with an energizing, diverse company culture. We value each associate’s natural drive to excel, and we provide them with the freedom to do things their way. CSCI seeks the best and brightest in the industry; those who are ready to move their lives and career forward. Join us today, and get excited about Mondays again!
Benefits of Working at CSCI
- Competitive Salaries
- 20 Days Paid Time Off (PTO), plus Paid Holidays
- Full Health Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401K Retirement Plan
CSCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity. While all candidates are considered, CSCI encourages the above individuals to apply.
CSCI is committed to helping individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensuring equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation, please contact CSCI Human Resources for further assistance. For questions regarding the qualifications listed above, please contact the CSCI Talent Acquisition Team.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.