Data Science Intern (Summer 2020)
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
CrowdStrike is looking to fill a Summer 2020 Internship with our Data Science team working at the exciting intersection of Machine Learning, Big Data, and Security. You will have the opportunity to apply your coding, mathematical and scientific research skills to the bleeding edge of security technology. You’ll be able to leverage large-scale rich data to meaningfully improve our supervised learning models and refine our identification of malicious computer software and behavioral threats. CrowdStrike’s cybersecurity data is one-of-a-kind: we process over 300 billion behavioral events per day, and have over 1 petabyte of malware samples in our research repository. We are a diverse and multidisciplinary team, and you’ll have the chance to broaden your horizons by working jointly with a team of Big Data, Machine Learning, and Security domain experts on hard and impactful problems. You will gain valuable experience in a fast-paced high-growth environment.
- Work directly with Sr. Data Scientists, helping to create predictive machine learning models that help detect and stop today's most sophisticated threats
- Hone your ability to balance detail-oriented research with goal-oriented business objectives
- Implement and experiment with new algorithms and methodologies to help improve our machine learning models
- Automate an visualize analyses, results and processes in our machine learning pipeline
What You’ll Need
- Analytically minded with completed coursework in linear algebra and statistics or an equivalent knowledge of applied mathematics
- Experienced in writing python code to pre-process and analyze data to generate actionable insights
- Hands on in your approach to understanding data and learning about new fields
- Thirsty for knowledge and do not hesitate to step outside of your comfort zone to learn new technologies, algorithms and concepts
- Comfortable with working in a Linux environment
- Bonus points for coursework or previous experience in scientific computing, machine learning or computer security.
- A rising junior, senior, or graduate-level computer science, data science student or related field, not graduating earlier than August 2020
Summer Internship Program Experience Teaser:
- Access to Intern Executive Speaker Series
- Development Workshops
- Fun social and give back events
- Access to company events
- Assigned Mentor
- Continuous feedback
- Paid Holidays and 401k
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.