Senior Staff Financial Analyst (MBA University Graduate)
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to security. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around AI/machine learning, behavioral-based prevention and detection, etc.to stay ahead of adversaries. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies.
We have raised significant financing and received a number of exciting awards including:
- September 2018: Named to Forbes 2018 Cloud 100, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3.3 billion.
- May 2018: CNBC Disruptor 50 List Second Year in a Row.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
About the Role
The Senior Financial Analyst will join a fast-paced growing FP&A team and will provide the analyses and insights that inform decision making by CrowdStrike’s senior management team. Among other responsibilities, in this role you will have the unique opportunity to work with various department leaders to analyze product ASPs, costs, gross margins, and commissions to evaluate and support improvement opportunities that will drive profitable growth at scale. Position is location in Irvine, CA.
- Creation of Complex Financial Models and Analyses – including the creation of Sales Commission models, ASP and gross margin analysis, pro forma models, scenario-based models with sensitivities, revenue waterfalls, detailed bridge analyses, etc.
- Bookings Analysis – work closely with Sales, Sales Operations, Product Management, and Finance teams to review and analyze revenue, ASP, and gross margin by product; make recommendations to improve bookings efficiency.
- Forecasting and Planning – analysis of historical performance, trends, and initiatives to develop and refine forecasting models that support the company-wide planning process.
- Special Projects – ad hoc analyses to support informed decision-making around sales opportunities and business partnering.
What You'll Need
- Education – MBA
- 2+ years in investment banking, equity research, strategy consulting, FP&A, Sales Ops, corporate development, or strategic finance at either a high-growth private or public tech company, investment bank, or management consulting firm.
- Computer Skills – the ability to demonstrate the highest skill levels working in Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity working with Saleforce.com pipeline data, Adaptive Insights Planning, and NetSuite accounting data a plus.
- Familiarity with SaaS Company Metrics – experience calculating and comparing churn, dollar retention rates, cohort growth rates, lifetime value, customer acquisition cost, etc.
- Other – demonstrated experience or interest related to cybersecurity and/or SaaS.
- Strong Analytical Skills (Excel) – you create and maintain flexible, accurate, and understandable models that surface key insights.
- Attention to Detail – you display the highest levels of consistency and accuracy in your work.
- Sales and Finance Knowledge – you have a firm command of finance concepts and have (at minimum) a working knowledge of the SaaS sales cycle and/or Deal Desk process.
- Excellent Communication Skills – you possess the ability to communicate complex financial concepts to both financial and non-financial audiences.
- Bias Toward Action – you are a self-starter who is comfortable advancing the ball with minimal direction or oversight; you are flexible and interested in learning.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda and other drinks
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.