Professional Services Intern (Summer 2019)
CrowdStrike is a leading provider of next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. We are the fastest growing endpoint protection company, one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success. The CrowdStrike Falcon platform uses sophisticated machine learning and Indicator-of-Attack (IOA) based threat prevention to stop both known and unknown threats.
- January 2018: Awarded #1 in the Visionaries quadrant of the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms.
- February 2018: Great Place to Work
In 2017, we:
- Were ranked No. 34 Best Medium Workplaces by Fortune magazine and consulting firm Great Place to Work
- Were ranked No. 25 most attractive start-ups to work for by LinkedIn
- Closed $100 million equity financing round, at a valuation of over $1 billion dollar (backed by Accel, CapitalG (Google), and Warburg Pincus)
- Were deemed the Best Cyber Security Company and Best Behaviour Analytics/Enterprise Threat Detection in 2017 SC Awards
- Were Ranked No. 8 Best Workplaces in Technology, according to global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work and Fortune Magazine
About the Position
As a Professional Services Intern, you will have a unique opportunity to move beyond the classroom and into the world of cybersecurity consulting. This program will expand a candidate’s skill set to encompass several important focus areas, yet remains flexible enough to allow individuals to spend more time on any area that “sticks”. Our goal for the program is to equip qualified students with the competency and knowledge they need to transition into a career as a cybersecurity consultant. A position with CrowdStrike Services will expose you to a wide variety of engagements including front page incident response investigations, adversary-emulation penetration testing (be the adversary, don’t just run scans), and proactive and strategic assessment services for organizations you’ll find on the annual Fortune 100 list.
About the Program
The CrowdStrike Services Internship Program is a 12-week full-time summer internship that provides individuals with experience across all major aspects of the CrowdStrike Services business.
After completing this program, candidates will have experience in the following areas:
- Networking Fundamentals
- Operating Systems
- Lab Maintenance
- Falcon Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP)
- Falcon Network
- Falcon Forensic Collector (FFC)
Forensics and Triage
- Network Analysis
- Windows, Mac, Linux Forensics
- Log Analysis
- Red Team Operations
- Tabletop Exercises
- Cybersecurity Maturity Assessments
- Compromise Assessments
Project Management and Reporting
- Incident Response Reporting
- Client Communication and Management
Prospective candidates must:
- Be working on a BA or BS / MA or MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Math, Information Security, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Information Security Management, Intelligence Studies, Data Science, Cybersecurity, or other related field.
- Be a rising Junior/Senior (if pursuing an undergraduate degree)
- Be scheduled to graduate after August 2019
Desired Skills and Qualities
Strong candidates will:
- Have an investigative mindset and a desire to find and stop evil
- Keep up with the latest vulnerabilities and breaches
- Be self-motivated and actively seek opportunities for growth
- Desire to rapidly accelerate their skills
- Crave new and innovative work
- Be able to complete technical tasks with minimal supervision
- Desire to develop both technical and soft skills
- Contribute to a positive work environment, and have a can-do attitude
- Be seeking a career in cybersecurity and/or incident response
From a technical perspective, it is desired (but not required) that candidates:
- Be comfortable on command-line interfaces (Windows, Bash, Powershell)
- Be familiar with scripting languages
- Be versed in forensic analysis methodology for Windows systems (Mac/Linux forensics knowledge is a plus)
- Be acquainted with strategies and tools to rapidly analyze large sets of logs
What It Takes to Be a CrowdStriker
CrowdStrike was founded on the idea that the “who” matters just as much as the “what” during an investigation. Our team members understand this guiding principle and it impacts every aspect of our business. Our company has three distinct, but coordinated groups – Product, Intel, and Services. By joining the Services team, you’ll immediately have an advantage that puts you ahead of the competition and gives you access to unparalleled opportunities to learn, use cutting edge technology, and make an impact.
Our company utilizes Falcon Endpoint Protection technology during investigations, giving our customers a near real-time perspective of activity on their endpoints. We couple that with a highly skilled and broad Intelligence team, to tie investigations together and provide strong attribution. With these components in our repertoire, our consultants can provide fast and fluid knowledge to our customers, allowing them to make better decisions as they secure their environments.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.