Director of Engineering
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
CrowdStrike is seeking a Director of Engineering, reporting to the VP, Cloud, that will play a critical role in the Cloud Engineering organization and will be responsible for several key areas of the cloud platform including AuthN/Z, APIs and the Data Platform. You will help drive cloud strategy and also be driving the technical strategy and technical roadmap for your areas of responsibilities. CrowdStrike is growing rapidly and you will be instrumental in the hiring, retaining and growth of world class engineers. You will work cross functionally with your peers in the cloud engineering organization as well as leaders in sales, product management, sensor engineering and UI/UX. We are a remote first company so you will bring your excellent verbal and written communication skills to bear when you are working with your engineering teams and cross functional teams across the globe.
What you will need
- MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated track record of building a strong core engineering team and engineering team management
- 12+ years of software engineering experience in all phases of a software development lifecycle
- 7+ years of hands-on management experience leading engineering teams including experience managing engineering managers
- Experience with shipping high quality software in a cloud environments
- Solid grounding in the technology of at least one cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Broad grounding in all aspects of distributed systems development: OS internals and OS system engineering concepts, concurrency models, networking, board understanding of distributed systems concepts, authN/Z (OAuth2, etc.) and API development
- Solid design and problem solving skills with demonstrated passion for engineering excellence, quality, security and performance
- Strong cross-group collaboration and interpersonal communication skills working with variety of roles including engineering, product management, support and sales engineering
- Demonstrated ability to attract and hire talent and grow the team rapidly
- Experience working with remote teams and individuals while ensuring agility and code velocity
- Ability to communicate and articulate crisply at all levels from executive staff to engineers
- Broad general knowledge of the high-technology industry gained in larger enterprise software environments enhanced by ongoing awareness of R&D practices / technology advances
- Experience of hybrid cloud environments
- Experience in golang and/or container and container orchestration technologies
- Exposure to/experience with cybersecurity and intelligence.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.