Director of Legal, Corporate
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to security. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion-dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around AI/machine learning, behavioral-based prevention and detection, etc.to stay ahead of adversaries. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies.
We have raised significant financing and received a number of exciting awards including:
- March 2019: Named Leader in the Forrester Wave: Cybersecurity Incident Response (IR) Services Q1 2019 report.
- September 2018: Named to Forbes 2018 Cloud 100, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3.3 billion.
- May 2018: CNBC Disruptor 50 List Second Year in a Row.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
The Director of Legal, Corporate will join our growing legal team based out of our Sunnyvale, CA headquarters.
- Advise and manage a broad range of corporate matters, including general corporate, governance, legal entity, securities, equity matters, executive compensation, acquisitions, and the CrowdStrike Foundation.
- Work on domestic and international expansion, including, entity formation, global equity, and local compliance; assist in oversight of maintenance of all foreign and domestic subsidiaries.
- Operationalize process improvements related to rapid international expansion by working collaboratively with multiple departments, and provide legal advice, opinions and solutions regarding issues and risks relating to same.
- Advise business teams exploring targets, draft, review and negotiate preliminary and definitive acquisition related documents; conduct or supervise due diligence, contribute to legally relevant integration activities.
- Support the stock administration department on equity matters and employee education; counsel on executive compensation, benefit plans and related matters.
- Advise on, and contribute to, corporate governance and reporting, including to the extent applicable, conducting business in compliance with applicable securities laws, SEC regulations, exchange rules, and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Participate in the design and development of corporate programs, policies, procedures, training and audits required for private and/or public company compliance.
- Key legal advisor on corporate equity and debt financings.
- Manage outside counsel on variety of corporate matters, as needed.
- Stay up-to-date and keep Legal team advised on external governance trends, financing and SEC issues, general legal issues and best practices.
What You’ll Need
- JD and bar admitted with 5 or more years’ relevant corporate and securities work experience at law firm and/or in-house at a public company.
- Knowledge of private and public company, equity and compensation related laws, regulations and rules.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills, ideally related to international expansion.
- Ability and willingness to tackle other projects within the Legal Department, including complex business development and customer transactions.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements and reports.
- Team player who welcomes responsibility and thrives in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful self-starter who enjoys wearing multiple hats and digging into challenging projects, big and small.
- Positive attitude, and strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel and work varying hours to accommodate global workforce, as needed.
- Experience advising non-profits or foundations.
- Experience working in a startup environment or in cybersecurity,
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards.
- Competitive vacation policy.
- Comprehensive health benefits and 401k plan.
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption.
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment.
- Wellness programs.
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda and other drinks.
- Peer recognition.
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation.
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events.
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.