Cloud Engineer Intern (Summer 2020)
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
At CrowdStrike, we’re building a next-generation security platform. This platform is built on a high-performance, distributed microservices architecture and uses the latest technologies to power a cutting-edge search and distributed graph system that puts the “big” in big data. As a cloud intern, you will be exposed to the infrastructure and technologies that are built to handle massive growth and volume reliably, and make material contributions to the tooling and services that power this platform.
- Develop and contribute to internal tools and tests that will be used throughout the cloud engineering team
- Understand, provision and maintain new and existing infrastructure
- Learn about our massively scalable distributed architecture
- Work with cutting edge technologies and languages across the entire development stack
What You’ll Need
- A rising junior, senior, or graduate-level computer science student, not graduating earlier than August 2020 or equivalent experience
- Experienced with one or more of the following: Go, Python, Java, C++, C#
- Proficient with web services: REST, JSON, XML
- Experience with Linux, Go, AWS, Kafka, GRPC, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Bamboo, Git
- Data storage: RDBMS, NoSQL, and caching technologies, e.g. PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Redis, Memcached
- Computer and/or network security experience/understanding
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)
Summer Internship Program Experience Teaser:
- Access to Intern Executive Speaker Series
- Development Workshops
- Fun social and give back events
- Access to company events
- Assigned Mentor
- Continuous feedback
- Paid Holidays and 401k
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.