Senior Project Manager
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
CrowdStrike is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our Project Management team. In this role, you will work closely with project owners and sponsors to deliver systems, process and application solutions to meet business needs. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for leading teams in the delivery of cross functional projects utilizing their mastery of project management processes and their experience in delivering quality results. This position reports to the Senior Director Operations, PMO.
- Oversee, manage and monitor a portfolio of application and process initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
- Manage all aspects of related projects to ensure the overall portfolio is coordinated and delivered according to plan
- Partner with business and IT stakeholders to prioritize, coordinate and execute Business Systems projects and enhancements
- Partner with project sponsors, owners and key stakeholders to understand the objectives of a project and to assist in the development and presentation of proposals for approval
- Leverage experience and training to create project plans appropriate to the size, scope and resource needs of a project
- Lead and be a hands-on manager of application and process related projects across multiple functional groups involving a variety of technologies and applications
- Work creatively and analytically to problem-solve project roadblocks, identify and manage risks and manage team issues
- Build effective project teams utilizing communication and team building skills
- Keep stakeholders and project team members informed of status and issues utilizing clear, consistent and timely communications
- Develop an understanding of the business processes and teams you are supporting and leverage your application knowledge and experience to collaborate as solutions are defined
- Participate in establishing PMO practices, templates, policies, tools and in the development of business partnerships
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in managing projects with 3+ years’ experience managing a portfolio of projects in a rapidly growing environment
- Excellent understanding and experience in Project Methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall etc.)
- 5+ years of experience gathering and documenting business requirements leading the project stakeholders and team
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, hardworking team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, including experience meeting with and presenting information to senior leadership
- PMI (or equivalent) certification preferred
- Passion for creating a frictionless and supportive project management experience
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving scenario
- Knowledge and experience using Smartsheet preferred
- An understanding and experience in implementing Kaizen (continuous improvement) efforts preferred
- High-tech, start-up, rapid growth and/or publicly traded company experience.
- You must love our business. CrowdStrike is a leader in cybersecurity. We don’t have a mission statement. We are on a mission to protect our customers from breaches. You must be genuinely committed to our mission and eager to learn the details of our business
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.