At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
CrowdStrike is seeking a Manager of Cloud Engineering. This critical role in the organization will be responsible for leading one or more key areas of the cloud platform. You will help drive and deliver on the technical strategy and roadmap. CrowdStrike is growing rapidly and you will be instrumental in the hiring, retaining and growth of our world class engineers. You will work cross functionally with your peers in the engineering organization as well as leaders in sales and product. We are a remote first company so you must bring your excellent verbal and written communication skills to bear when you are working with your engineering teams and cross functional teams across the globe.
What you will need
- MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated track record of building a strong core engineering team and engineering team management
- 10+ years of software engineering experience in all phases of a software development lifecycle
- 1+ years of hands-on management experience leading engineering teams
- Experience with shipping high quality software in a cloud environments
- Solid grounding in the technology of at least one cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Broad grounding in all aspects of distributed systems development: understanding of distributed systems concepts, authN/Z (OAuth2, etc.) and API development
- Solid design and problem solving skills with demonstrated passion for engineering excellence, quality, security and performance
- Strong cross-group collaboration and interpersonal communication skills working with a variety of roles including engineering, product management, support and sales engineering
- Demonstrated ability to attract and hire talent and grow the team rapidly
- Experience working with remote teams and individuals while ensuring agility and code velocity
- Ability to communicate and articulate crisply at all levels from executive staff to engineers
- Broad general knowledge of the high-technology industry gained in larger enterprise software environments enhanced by ongoing awareness of R&D practices / technology advances
- Experience with hybrid cloud environments
- Experience in Golang and/or container and container orchestration technologies
- Exposure to/experience with cybersecurity and intelligence.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.