Cloud Software Engineer (Spotlight)
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization, and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
The Cloud Software Engineer role is part of the Engineering team from CrowdStrike Romania who will build globally distributed, fault-tolerant and highly scalable cloud-based critical systems using Golang.
Don't worry if you don't know Golang, we will teach you!
Falcon Spotlight is the industry’s first stainless endpoint vulnerability assessment solution, delivering real-time, zero-impact assessments of endpoint security posture. Falcon Spotlight adds preparation and readiness to the unparalleled prevention, detection, and response provided by the Falcon platform, resulting in a stronger security posture and unprecedented breach protection.
If you are a hands-on engineer who loves to operate at scale, let's talk!
- Lead backend engineering efforts from rapid prototypes to large-scale application services across CrowdStrike products using Golang
- Make it possible for internal teams to easily work with data at the petabyte scale
- Leverage and build cloud based services to support our top rated security intelligence platform
- Work with security researchers to troubleshoot time-sensitive production issues
- Keep petabytes of critical business data safe, secure, and available
- Brainstorm, define and build collaboratively with members across multiple teams
- Be mentored and mentor other developers on the web, backend, and data storage technologies and our system
- Constantly re-evaluate our product to improve architecture, knowledge models, user experience, performance and stability
- Use and give back to the open source community
- AWS Cloud
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or commensurate experience in data structures/algorithms/distributed systems)
- The ability to design scalable and re-usable SOA services
- The ability to scale backend systems – sharding, partitioning, scaling horizontally is second nature to you
- The desire to ship code and the love of seeing your bits run in production
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges
- Deep understand multi-threading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies
- Team player skills – we embrace collaborating as a team as much as possible
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)
- Existing exposure to Go, Scala, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, Splunk
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.