Senior Software Engineer
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
Now we’re looking to expand our UI team to help build the next generation of interfaces & visualisations to help find needles in haystacks and prevent & counter attacks as they happen. We recently raised $100 million from Google Ventures and are growing fast.
We’re building a welcoming & flexible team that prizes collaboration over competition, one which provides opportunities to learn new skills, mentor junior developers and contribute to the direction of both the team & the products we are responsible for. This is a high trust environment where we allow team members to manage their own time, take holidays as they need it and reward them with competitive salaries and equity.
Our stack is Ember, but if you've used frameworks like React or Angular you're the kind of person we're looking for and we'll help get you up to speed. As we support only evergreen browsers we can push the boundaries of what’s possible on the web as a platform, on top of a system that strips any hyperbole from the term “big data”. In close collaboration with analysts & clients you’ll get to see the apps & visualisations you are building used every day to hunt for hackers and protect systems.
Our ideal candidates are sensitive to the needs of the users of their software & love learning more about their tools every day. Get excited about new features in Chrome Devtools? Tested your work in screen readers? Ever lost half an hour getting an animation’s bezier curve to be just the right kind of bouncy? Looking for a challenge that’s out of the ordinary? Get in touch.
We'll aim to review your application within a day or two and if we think you'll be a good fit we'll schedule an initial phone call. If we think CrowdStrike might be the place for you after that we'll invite you for an on-site interview where we'll review some code, discuss architecture in modern web apps, work processes and professional development. This will be followed by a second technical interview by video call, after which you'll get an answer within 3-4 days.
We're looking for the following skills but welcome all talented candidates:
- A desire to collaborate closely with users, designers, & testers to deliver quality software that solves problems.
- Experience with testing frameworks, tools and methodologies such as QUnit, Mocha & Selenium.
- Functional knowledge & interest in developing genuinely accessible interfaces.
- Strong HTML & CSS skills, with bonus points for experience with animation, knowledge of approaches to scalable/modular CSS, & preprocessors such as SCSS & LESS.
- Familiarity with client-side build processes & tools - Grunt, Gulp, Ember CLI etc
- Comfortable with Git/version control workflows.
Bonus points for:
- Experience creating or contributing to open source projects.
- Experience with graphics & visualisation tools such as D3 or ThreeJS.
- Interest & experience with design & data visualisation.
- Experience with coaxing that last frame-per-second out of browsers.
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.