Senior Intelligence Analyst, eCrime
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
CrowdStrike Intelligence, a core component of CrowdStrike, is seeking an Senior Intelligence Analyst for its Global Threat Analysis Cell (GTAC) to focus on eCrime activity. This position will be primarily focused on analyzing threats and tracking of known adversaries, as well as emerging threats. Senior Analyst will be required to research and report on eCrime operations from both the strategic and tactical level. This position is instrumental in providing unique insight into finished Intelligence products used by CrowdStrike customers and stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify cyber threats, trends, and new developments on various predetermined cyber security topics by analyzing raw intelligence and data which includes geopolitical and transnational events/issues
- Identify and monitor the Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) used by cyber threat actors by analyzing raw intelligence and data
- Apply understood analytic tradecraft to gathered intelligence in a consistent manner
- Provide and assist with finished intelligence analysis to internal and external customers through written reporting, in varying predetermined suspense and depth, with minimal supervision
- Collaborate across teams to inform various functions within CrowdStrike Intelligence about activity of interest and to coordinate adversary/campaign tracking
- Identify intelligence gaps and submit requests for information to fill gaps
- Conduct briefings as needed for a variety of levels of customers as requested (via either phone, video conference, webcast, in-person briefing, or industry conference)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in threat intelligence
- Motivated self-starter with a high-level of experience in eCrime cyber threat intelligence
- Ability to produce quality finished intelligence products for short deadlines, as well as continuing to maintain analysis for and report on long term strategic assessments
- Knowledge of how malware is developed, functions, and is employed with specific understanding of malware used in eCrime operations
- Desire to extend knowledge on intelligence tradecraft-related and technical terminology relevant to eCrime operations, as well as provide assistance to other members of team
- Ability and willingness to conduct in-depth analysis of the tools and tradecraft used by eCrime actors on a technical level.
- Ability and willingness to learn about financial systems and how they might be affected by eCrime operations.
- Ability to, or aptitude to learn how to, extract technical indicators from malware and/or PCAP through the use of technical resources such as VirusTotal, PassiveTotal and DomainTools, as well as internal resources
Undergraduate degree or military training and experience in cyber intelligence, computer science, general intelligence studies, security studies, political science, international relations, etc. Other technical security certifications or academic background a plus.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.