Senior Intelligence Analyst, eCrime
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
CrowdStrike Intelligence, a core component of CrowdStrike, is seeking an Senior Intelligence Analyst for its Global Threat Analysis Cell (GTAC) to focus on eCrime activity. This position will be primarily focused on analyzing threats and tracking of known adversaries, as well as emerging threats. Senior Analyst will be required to research and report on eCrime operations from both the strategic and tactical level. This position is instrumental in providing unique insight into finished Intelligence products used by CrowdStrike customers and stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify cyber threats, trends, and new developments on various predetermined cyber security topics by analyzing raw intelligence and data which includes geopolitical and transnational events/issues
- Identify and monitor the Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) used by cyber threat actors by analyzing raw intelligence and data
- Apply understood analytic tradecraft to gathered intelligence in a consistent manner
- Provide and assist with finished intelligence analysis to internal and external customers through written reporting, in varying predetermined suspense and depth, with minimal supervision
- Collaborate across teams to inform various functions within CrowdStrike Intelligence about activity of interest and to coordinate adversary/campaign tracking
- Identify intelligence gaps and submit requests for information to fill gaps
- Conduct briefings as needed for a variety of levels of customers as requested (via either phone, video conference, webcast, in-person briefing, or industry conference)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in threat intelligence
- Motivated self-starter with a high-level of experience in eCrime cyber threat intelligence
- Ability to produce quality finished intelligence products for short deadlines, as well as continuing to maintain analysis for and report on long term strategic assessments
- Knowledge of how malware is developed, functions, and is employed with specific understanding of malware used in eCrime operations
- Desire to extend knowledge on intelligence tradecraft-related and technical terminology relevant to eCrime operations, as well as provide assistance to other members of team
- Ability and willingness to conduct in-depth analysis of the tools and tradecraft used by eCrime actors on a technical level.
- Ability and willingness to learn about financial systems and how they might be affected by eCrime operations.
- Ability to, or aptitude to learn how to, extract technical indicators from malware and/or PCAP through the use of technical resources such as VirusTotal, PassiveTotal and DomainTools, as well as internal resources
Undergraduate degree or military training and experience in cyber intelligence, computer science, general intelligence studies, security studies, political science, international relations, etc. Other technical security certifications or academic background a plus.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.