Director of Legal, Ethics and Compliance
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to security. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion-dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around AI/machine learning, behavioral-based prevention and detection, etc.to stay ahead of adversaries. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies.
We have raised significant financing and received a number of exciting awards including:
- March 2019: Named Leader in the Forrester Wave: Cybersecurity Incident Response (IR) Services Q1 2019 report.
- September 2018: Named to Forbes 2018 Cloud 100, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3.3 billion.
- May 2018: CNBC Disruptor 50 List Second Year in a Row.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
The is a newly created position on our growing legal team. As Director of Legal, Ethics and Compliance, you will need to be a self-starter with a proven track record for creating and implementing systems in a rapidly changing work environment. We are looking for a creative problem solver to spot issues, craft the solution, and implement the results companywide. You will need working knowledge of FCPA, UK Bribery Act, and OFAC/Export and strong desire to further hone these skills to facilitate and maintain CrowdStrike’s compliance and ethics programs under applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The location for this position is flexible and the right candidate may work remotely.
- Develop and implement practical processes and procedures for managing compliance in an environment experiencing exponential growth
- Develop and conduct compliance training and interact with employees at all levels of the organization and relevant third parties to build awareness on the importance of compliance and ethics.
- Conduct risk assessments, compliance monitoring, audits, and investigations.
- Monitor legal and regulatory changes that impact CrowdStrike’s business and regularly update the compliance program based on emerging risks and best practices.
- Serve as a knowledgeable internal compliance resource with subject matter expertise in a wide range of key compliance risk areas.
- Prepare reports on Company ethics and compliance for management.
- Proactively identify compliance gaps and create compliance solutions across various areas of the business.
- Conduct compliance and ethics due diligence for new business opportunities and acquisitions.
What You’ll Need
- JD with 5 or more years’ relevant experience at a law firm, in-house legal department, compliance department or a combination thereof.
- Experience working as the single point of contact and subject matter expert in an area of law.
- Knowledge of compliance laws, including FCPA, UKBA, OFAC/Export, and AML.
- Ability and willingness to tackle other areas of legal compliance as needed.
- Team player who welcomes responsibility and thrives in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful self-starter who enjoys wearing multiple hats and digging into challenging projects, big and small.
- Experience in operationalizing legal compliance programs and implementing practical solutions across departments.
- Ability to effectively communicate legal and compliance issues verbally and in writing in a clear and understandable manner; strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, exercise independent judgment and strong work ethic.
- Ability to travel and work varying hours to accommodate global workforce, as needed.
- Experience working with diverse cultures.
- Experience working in a startup environment, in cybersecurity, or litigation.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards.
- Competitive vacation policy.
- Comprehensive health benefits and 401k plan.
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption.
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment.
- Wellness programs.
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda and other drinks.
- Peer recognition.
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation.
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events.
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.