Senior Data Scientist
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel
andIVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
CrowdStrike’s Data Science team is expanding -- we are at the exciting intersection of Machine Learning, Big Data, and Security and are looking to add a local Machine Learning expert to lead our growing team in Romania. You will have the opportunity to apply your ML skills to the bleeding edge of security technology. You’ll be able to leverage large-scale rich data sets and the corresponding ground truth to conduct meaningful supervised learning on it. We are a diverse and multidisciplinary team, and you’ll have the chance to broaden your horizons by working jointly with Big Data and Security domain experts on hard and impactful problems. We offer a fast-paced high-growth startup environment along with the safety that comes from being backed by Google Capital.
- Work on cutting-edge research using rich and unique data sets coveted by many in the industry, which includes large-scale behavioral data with billions of daily events and over 1 Petabyte of malware sample files at your fingertips
Minelarge scale and high dimensional data, identify patterns and visualize trends
- Create predictive models using supervised learning techniques to detect and stop the most sophisticated threats
- Work closely with domain experts to improve our raw data and to derive more value from data collected
What You’ll Need
- A good communicator with abilities to work well with individuals across all levels of the organization
- Comfortable in leading and delivering projects with other data scientists
- Passionate about cybersecurity, with a firm understanding of the problem space
- Very versed in utilizing Machine Learning techniques and intimately familiar with the standard algorithms, their trade-offs, their usage, and how to tune them
- Comfortable to work on very large data sets of sparse high dimensional data; experienced in pre-processing and analyzing such data to gain actionable insights
- An independent self-starter who likes to take ownership and independently seeks out new challenges
- Always ready to learn and step outside of your comfort zone to blaze the trail for new technology
- Comfortable to dive into a Python codebase; familiar with a scientific computing framework such as Numpy or R
- Ready to learn and work with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Pig, Cassandra, Redshift
- Comfortable to work in a Linux environment in the AWS cloud
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Private healthcare insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible time off
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity