Security Incident Response (IR) Consultant
CrowdStrike started with a mission to revolutionize the entire approach companies take to security. CrowdStrike has disrupted the multi-billion dollar endpoint security market with innovative technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering. Our groundbreaking technology ensures that organizations can not only defend themselves but also do so in an efficient and future-proof manner. Today, the company continues to drive major innovations around AI/machine learning, behavioral-based prevention and detection, etc.to stay ahead of adversaries. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- 2019: Recognized as a Leader by The Forrester Wave: Cybersecurity Incident Response Services report
- 2018: Recognized by IDC MarketScape as a leading provider of Incident Response, Readiness, and Resiliency services
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
As a Services Consultant, you will be responsible for delivering both reactive and proactive services engagements in the Asia Pacific region. You will be a member of a highly collaborative team and thrive on the daily challenges of stopping breaches from the worlds most sophisticated adversaries. Highly developed communications skills are a must as CrowdStrike prides itself on developing long term relationships with our clients.
The right candidate will possess excellent energy and drive and a real desire to be a member of the Services team. The ability to work in a high stress, high pressure situation is a must as well as the ability to work together with the team around the APJ region. Candidates with extensive forensics, incidents response, and proactive security experience are encouraged to apply.
- Perform host and/or network-based forensics across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- Perform basic malware analysis.
- Conduct red-team, penetration testing activities by leveraging actual adversary TTPs.
- Assess and develop information security and incident response programs in a proactive fashion to help mature the security posture of organizations prior to an incident.
- Lead incident response and proactive engagements.
- Produce high-quality written and verbal reports, presentations, recommendations, and findings to customer management.
- Demonstrate industry thought leadership through blog posts, CrowdCasts, and other public speaking events.
- Manage internal programs or teams.
Experience Skills and Qualifications
- Incident Response: experience conducting or managing incident response investigations for organizations, investigating targeted threats such as the Advanced Persistent Threat, Organized Crime, and Hactivists.
- Computer Forensic Analysis: a background using a variety of forensic analysis tools in incident response investigations to determine the extent and scope of compromise.
- Network Forensic Analysis: strong knowledge of network protocols, network analysis tools, and ability to perform analysis of associated network logs.
- Reverse Engineering: ability to perform static and dynamic malware analysis and familiar with tools such as IDA Pro and OllyDbg.
- Incident Remediation: strong understanding of targeted attacks and able to create customized tactical and strategic remediation plans for compromised organizations.
- Network Operations and Architecture/Engineering: strong understanding of secure network architecture and strong background in performing network operations.
- Database and Cloud Development: excellent knowledge in various cloud implementations such as Hadoop, ZooKeeper, HIVE, HBASE, Elasticsearch, and other common cloud implementations.
- Programming/Scripting: experience coding in C, C#, VB, Python, Perl, Ruby on Rails, and .NET.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.